Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

BBB Presents: Dirtbag





BBB Presents: Dirtbag



If you haven't been living under a rock for oh I'd say the past 8 years, you've probably heard of Dirtbag. After some fuckery by the labels he was signed on, Dirtbag is looking to get his shine on bigger than ever before. Peep the D to the I to the RT Bag's bio and see for yourself how the 'Don of Dade' got into the rap game...


In the wonderful world of Hip-hop…one begins to question the skill, craft and overall substance behind Rap Music. That underlying question is often answered by young gifted artist that bring a new mark of distinction to the rap industry. Better known to mainstream America as “The Hot Sauce to Hip-Hop” A native of Knoxville, Tennessee but raised in Miami, Florida Dirtbag quickly learned the need to be able to adapt to any situation. At first, he was giving with the people he thought were his friends, defending them in fistfights and offering them his last bite of food. By the time he was 13, though, young Dirtbag realized after his own fights that his friends didn't have his back and that he would have to fend for himself.

When he recognized that he was too slow to play football, Dirtbag had to find another outlet. Rapping was something he was good at, so by age 15, he was committed to rapping. His hobby quickly turned into his passion. Looking for a shot at exposure, Dirtbag in 1996 entered a talent show. Victorious, his prize was studio time with producers Cool & Dre. While working together, Dirtbag and the beatsmiths agreed that whoever broke through first would bring the other along. Dirtbag scored a regional hit in 2000 with his fiery "Get Buck" single, but Cool & Dre hit paydirt when Fat Joe used several of their beats on his 2001 album, the platinum J.O.S.E. (Jealous Ones Still Envy).

Dirtbag also has a co-venture with Universal Publishing where he can sign writers and producers and has a previous background co writing club bangers “Rodeo” for Juvenile and “Camera Phone” for the Musicians. Young, gifted and everything the opposite of ordinary The Don of Dade better known as Dirtbag is more than your average livid rapper he is the opening to the new sound of rap music, this fact is justified with his up tempo single featuring Monica entitled “I Ain’t Trying to Hear It” produced by Gorilla Tek and Drum Majorz."A lot of people talk about the wolf in sheep's clothing," Dirtbag says. "I'm the sheep in wolf's clothing. I'm coming at you gangster, but in my true heart I want love."

Besides the mere act of surviving on a day to day basis this multi –talented rapper has just gotten started on what will become the new rap revolution of the south. With the stage set for his fourth album, Dirtbag hopes that people realize that he's got more than one message within his music. "I contradict myself a lot and I sound hypocritical," Dirtbag says "But that's just what it is. You can take me two ways. You can either take me like, 'Damn, that man's stupid and I'm going to learn how to do his stuff,' or, 'Damn, he's real and if a CD like his can blow up, I know if I get my game tight that I can.' But no matter what, I helped you."


Dirtbag is gettin' ready to do the damn thing. He's currently working on his new album and his new mixtape that will be out sooner than you think, so keep it locked for that! Below are some hot Dirtbag joints you can peep to get yourself more acquainted with Don Of Dade if you haven't heard anything from him before...check out his myspace too!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment