Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, October 24, 2008

Doggie Diamonds Of The Come Up DVD/C.O.D. DVD/ForbezDVD Chops It Up With BFochs!



BFochs: What's goin' Doggie D? Good looks on takin' the time to do this interview man, I know the grind is always calling. What's poppin' though, how are you doin'?


Doggie Diamonds: I'm chilling. Out here grinding as usual. All work, no play.

BFochs: That's what it is man, the true hustlers save the games for the Parker Brothers and Milton Bradley. Let's get it poppin' with an intro, the world and the e-streets need to know who Doggie Diamonds is. Let em know your official title, the name of your movement and one thing you think you and your movement can change in the game right now.

Doggie Diamonds: Well my name is Doggie Diamonds and iIm known as the "Interview King." You name them, I've interviewed them. I do all the official interviews for the "Come Up DVD," "C.O.D. DVD," as well as ForbezDVD.com. I get many in-depth interviews with artists and let you know many thing you've never known about your favorite artist. I'm a hip-hop baby, so when I interview an artist I know many things about them, I'm not someone asking generic questions.

BFochs: You are now in the presence of a dude who makes interviewing look easy people PAY ATTENTION! You rock with Come Up DVD, and ForbezDVD when did you get involved with those movements?

Doggie Diamonds: Um I been with the Come Up DVD for 2 yrs (thanx to M.Reck, Jordan Tower and Fendi) and forbezdvd had a funny story to it. ForbezDVD was supposed to be a partnership between M.Reck, Jordan Tower and I. We actually started filming it in '07, when J-Hood left D-Block, that was me interviewing him for ForbezDVD. You can Youtube that and see that right now. The footage with Mobb Deep and Saigon fighting in the club, some of that was our footage too. You can see that on youtube as well. So instead of the DVD coming out like it was supposed too Jordan Tower did a deal with WSHH and M.Reck and I didn't hear from him for some time. So M.Reck created C.O.D DVD, but I told him we put too much work into ForbezDVD to let the brand go. So we decided to do that brand also and make it an online DVD magazine.

BFochs: A very illustrative story to how you got down with some of the most notable cats in the DVD Magazine game. You said your a hip hop baby and your knowledge of the game allows you to do in depth interviews nobody else can provide. Has there been a time when you've been so knowledgeable about a person you interview that you stump them?

Doggie Diamonds: Only time I get stumped is when the artist isn't being receptive to the questions I'm asking them. I'm not going to give away my techniques lol, but I will say I don't write questions down. I just go with the flow and I have a game plan.

BFochs: I respect your desire to keep your techniques to yourself, swaggerjackin' is a huge epidemic nowadays. The ForbezDVD movement is the newer of the 3 movements you are known for. When did that fully jump off? There are a lot of DVD magazines out there, if you had to make 3 key selling points to as why people should fuck with ForbezDVD what would they be?

Doggie Diamonds: We started ForbezDVD in July '08 and slowly but surely we're moving up in the alexa.com ranking, and the selling points are:

1. No one in the games does interviews like I do. I say that because I get props from people I look up too. (DJ Deep Freeze- Sub Zero DVD and Craze All Access DVD just to name a few.)

2. We're not afraid to go in the trenches and get that footage or that story you wanna know.

3. We deal with everyone. there isn't any bias about who we have on the site. If someone is grinding and trying to make their voice heard and we recognize it, we reach out. M.Reck and I aren't some geeks behind the computer. We're in the streets of NY or whereever every day in the grind.

BFochs: Honestly people if those aren't 3 good reason to fuck with ForbezDVD you are a hater, point blank. I'm sure there are a lot of logistics involved with creating a new DVD magazine, what was the hardest obstacle you had to overcome when getting the ball rolling with ForbezDVD?

Doggie Diamonds: Well people just believing in what you're trying to do. Like you said, "everyone is doing it," but who really has a track record? Who has been this consistent? Who drops product in the streets and has a heavy internet presence? Also, people have websites that they're used to going to, just because. So sometimes it's hard to get people to switch over because they think they know the product before they test it, not true, come over to Forbezdvd.com where you can hear music from artists signed and unsigned and see in-depth interviews from major artists as well as the kid on the corner handing out CD's with his name written on it in Sharpie lol.

BFochs: I see your a firm supporter of the up and comer, which is cool because a lot of people are resistant to supporting the future. Out of all the upcomers you've worked with recently, who do you think will be the first to blow and why?

Doggie Diamonds: Hmm...damn that's a tough one. Let me see, I just met this kid today named Nipsey Hussle. I think he's got the potential to do something major if the business treats him well. I would really like to see Ransom get his just do. Ransom is a fucking problem!!!

BFochs: That's wild you mentioned Nipsey, I am bumping "Bullets Ain't Got No Name Volume 1" right now haha. Dufflebag Ran is dope too, those 2 are definitely on the patch for success if all goes well. Do you think the DVD Magazine is as a good indicator of the future in music as let's say a few years ago?

Doggie Diamonds: Well to be honest some dudes are on DVD's because they paid to be on there lol, but it's hard to say who the future is in this fickle industry. I know some dudes who were on 50 DVD's and can't rhyme for shit.

BFochs: Haha, you do have to pay to play to a certain extent in this business. Out of all the promotional tools out there, DVD mags, internet, streets, etc. what do you think is the most important one right now?

Doggie Diamonds: I would say internet. We're living in the "now," and the internet is RIGHT now. Right this fucking minute lol, but everyone isn't internet savy, so you also have to have a street presence.

BFochs: I do agree that the internet is crucial, but a good mix is important too. Let's step away from the music talk a second. I'm just going to give you a question and you can answer however you want because I know the response is going to be full of knowledge. The USA is fucked up on almost all levels, give me your take on all this fuckery.

Doggie Diamonds: Truthfully all this shit is a plan in the grand scheme of things. Nothing is new under the sun. Everything that is happening is done by design. The government does many things to the people to make them depend on the government. The minute you depend on them, they slowly but surely start to take away your rights. For example. there aren't any jobs FOR ANYONE. Well let me rephrase that. There aren't any jobs that you can have to maintain a normal lifestyle without you having to work 3 jobs just to stay above water. So people have to get on public assistance. Who runs public assistance? The government, so now the government has the right to tell you where you have to live (because they're helping you or are paying your rent). They also have the right to tell you what you can eat, because they're giving you the money to eat. So if you go to the store with that "card" they give you to get a hero and you put it in the store microwave for 30 seconds? you can't pay for it with that "card".because you're not allowed to buy hot food lol. What kind of shit is that?

BFochs: It's a bunch of bullshit is what it is. Uncle Sam should be renamed to Uncle Slam because dude be slammin' peeps into the ground subliminally.

Doggie Diamonds: Indeed.

BFochs: What is your take on this presidential fuckery known as the '08 election and that assface known as George Bush?

Doggie Diamonds: Ah man. Bush is the worst fucking human being ever to walk the earth besides a slave master. Anyone who talks about a tragedy with a smirk on their face is out of their fucking mind. Next time Bush talks about something, look at his facial expression lol.

BFochs: I don't even have to because I know what your talking about, he gets this little look like he's talking about something glorious and fun, but he's talking about the destruction of our nation. I think he's a robot made by the Illuminati to fuck up the world, that's just me though haha.

Doggie Diamonds: And the Illuminati is something that's over peoples heads at this point because they thought it was to come into play in the year 2000 and once nothing "happened" they went back to normal, not knowing that shits been going on forever. Since this country was founded.

BFochs: It's clear if peeps would read between the lines that there is something more than just the 'government' running the show, but that's a convo for another day, we don't want to drop too much real talk, the internet will crash hahaha. I'mma throw you some hypotheticals and you try to answer them to the best of your ability. Let's say someone wanted to make a movie about you. Who would you want playing you and why? What would the official title for your movie be?

Doggie Diamonds: If someone was to play me it would be Albert Daniels from ATL, the kid with the broke arm because light skin niggas is back in style. So all these ladies need to stop bullshitting themselves and stop discriminating against us yellow niggas lol! The title would probably be "Endangered Species: The Black Man."

BFochs: Albert Daniels it is, "Endangered Species: The Black Man," coming sooner than you think! Good response. Next question. Let's say Robot Bush gave you a free pass to deck anyone you hate in the face, it can be anyone. Who would it be and why?

Doggie Diamonds: I would punch G. Bush Sr. in the face for having a piece of shit for a son. Then I would cheat and snuff Sr. too because he is the one who started a lot of this bullshit too. Mr. ex-head of the CIA.

BFochs: I can dig your choice, I'd probably cheat too and hit him with a bat or something lol. Last question and we can get this thing in the books. When it's your time to go and they are prepping your tombstone you obviously get to put a quote of some kind so people remember you by, if you had to pick one line from a rap song to sum up your life for your tombstone what would it be and why?

Doggie Diamonds: Hmm...gimme one sec to think this through lol.

BFochs: No problem man, take your time I want a ballin' ass answer haha.

Doggie Diamonds: Ok, it would be from The Whut: Biggie and Meth, "FUCK THE WORLD DONT ASK ME FOR SHIT, EVERYTHING YOU GET YOU GOT TO WORK HARD FOR IT," and I say that because I never asked for a hand out, or no one to do my job for me. I worked hard, lost sleep, sanity, money, women, friends and family for my craft so if I didn't ask and I made it. You better not be a lazy bastard and ask me. Work hard and you shall receive.

BFochs: That is a dope ass line to go out by man, I haven't even know you that long and your one of the trillest cats I've encountered, and I don't hand out the trill passes like candy on Halloween.

Doggie Diamonds: Lol, I'm a regualar kid from Brooklyn that's trying to do the damn thing. Humility is the key to life.

BFochs: The real talk doesn't stop coming out your mouth does it haha. Damn dude, you dropped some heavy knowledgei in this interview, the folks are gonna have to read this a few times to soak it in. Any shout outs, comments or last words before we end this interview?

Doggie Diamonds: Indeed, shout to my partnet M.Reck for knowing I wasn't a bullshit nigga and riding for/with me when other people told me to get a "real" job lol. Shout to Jordan Tower for fighting for me to get on the Come Up DVD and enabling me to have access to many artists early on. Shouts to Fendi for giving the go ahead for me to be on the Come Up DVD. Shout to U-Knowdis my artist. You're gonna get yours lil homie, just keep working. Shout to Kane for holding that damn camera lol. Shout to my Hellz Yea who really helped me with a lot of tech support with this music shit. And lastly, shout to all the blogs that showed us love. Shout to Nahright, BFochs Beats Blog, Sermon's Domain, 2Dopeboyz, Mr. Xclusives and to all the new blogs that are seeing what we're trying to do and riding with ForbezDVD.com, oh and Team Afficial and New Industry and my dude St.Laz.!!!!!!

BFochs: That's what it is people, once again you witnessed some real spit, soak it in, bookmark the page so you can review for further use, do whut it dew, thanks once again Doggie D. for doing this interview man, I wish you and the ForbezDVD movement the best of luck in your future endeavors, keep doing it big mane!

Doggie Diamonds: Same to you and yours. Get used to us. One more before I go. Thanx to all the people who log on our sites And to all the artist out there!!! If I reach out to you for an interview, don't tell me to talk to someone else. I don't talk to managers, homeboys or record label reps. FUCK THEM!!! I'm not interviewing them!

BFochs: Haha, pay attention folks, Doggie Diamonds don't fuck around, once again good looks homie, keep giving the world a trill view on the game.

Doggie Diamonds: You already know, peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment