Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Team Afficial's Montega Chops It Up With BFochs!



BFochs: What's going on Montega? Thanks for taking the time to do this interview, I know you are real busy pushing your new project "Sunscreen Needed." What's good though man? How you feeling? What's going down in Montegaville lol.

Montega: Ain't shit brother, just feeling good. The tape is ready, I think it's full of that heroin music for the people! I just hope it gets the love it deserves.

BFochs: So far I've seen it get good feedback, hopefully the success of this project continues on. I know some folks know who you are, but some don't so if you could please give the kind BBB readers an introduction. Tell them your name, which team your reppin', where your from, and one thing that pisses you off the most.

Montega: Montega a.k.a Human Heroin, born and raised in the BX. Spent a few years in Yonkers, but I have been in VA for the better part of 8 yrs. Everyone knows my gang is Team AFFicial .. .The thing that pisses me off the most is knowing I'm better than most of these fun bunny ass niggaz that's poppin', but I get the least amount of love! But it is what it is, whatever.

BFochs: You are definitely slept on in my opinion. NY/VA in the house! You are apart of one of the strongest independent movements in the game right now, Team Afficial. Explain how you linked up with Geolani and became apart of T.A. How were things like when you guys initially started reppin' T.A.? How has the climate in the game changed since the beginning of Team Afficial?

Montega: I am not only part of that strong movement, I founded that strong movement with my brother Geolani. We have been working together for yearrs now. When we got T.A started DJs weren't showin' us any love so we said fuck it, we gonna get some of our own DJs together to play our music. Then slowly but surely people started to realize the vision and when the artists started to come over to the team it's like everything fell into place. As for the last part of your question I don't think the game has changed. I think the game's standards have changed. I'm from an era where an MC was defined by skill. Now all it takes is autotune and a dance lol, smh.

BFochs: Team Afficial is definitely on the road to HUGE things, it's good to see you linked up and got T.A. movin'. The definition of 'talent' has indeed changed drastically over the years. You are from New York, but you are now in the Virginia area, which area do you rep harder? What are the main differences between New York and Virginia?

Montega: Honestly, I am a New Yorker till I die and I love VA, but I rep the East Coast as a whole brother, that's how I'm on it fam.

BFochs: That's what it is, reppin' the East Coast till your casket drops, I can definitely dig that. On your new project you chose to include only freestyles, what do you think the best freestyle you've ever done is? If you had to list your top 5 freestyles of all-time which ones would they be and why ?

Montega: I can't say which is my favorite. Honestly I think they are all crack lol, but if I had to narrow it down I'd have to say:

1. King Me

2. Get Bucks Radio Live

3. The Essence

4. All We Got

5.Gansta 4 life

I chose these five off bars alone, I made everyone of them beats bleed.

BFochs: A quality list, I especially fux with that "Get Bucks Radio Live Freestyle" radio freestyles are sick wit it. You're nickame is Human Heroin. How did you acquire that nickname and how does it directly relate to your rapping style?

Montega: The nickname came from my first mixtape Human Heroin Vol.1 (RIP Dj Wits.) The name relates to my style because I provide that nod music for the people to knock.

BFochs: I definitely nod my head to your stuff man, so that nickname is indeed fitting. You just released you new project "Sunscreen Needed," which is a mixtape full of freestyles. When did you decide you were going to go with all freestyles on this project? Was it a thing where you felt the fans weren't getting enough?

Montega: Honestly the “Sunscreen Needed” tape is a warm up until I drop the “Human Heroin Volume 2." I felt like I could put out a solid project off the freestyles I had in the stash alone and I was right. I think it came out harder than a lot of these so-called 'street albums' I have heard. Big ups to my homie DJ Dub Floyd for all the work he put into this mixtape and I cant forget my dude Miami Kaos for the cover art. All in all I say it's a great project stop by www.teamafficial.com and download a free copy today!!!

BFochs: Hit up TeamAfficial.com and peep that tape NOW people! You mentioned you rep the East Coast as a whole, which leads me to this next question, besides yourself who do you think are the top 5 people who have held down the East Coast in let's say, the passed 5 years? What things have these people done to make you put them in this prestigious list?

Montega: 1. Stack Bundles (RIP) No explanation needed, listen to his music, this is the Big L of our generation. God rest his soul.

2. Joell Ortiz - A MC at it's finest. I don't know what else to say about this dude other than that he's talented as fuck.

(My next 3 may seem generic, but it is reality)

3. Dipset

4. D-Block

5. G-Unit

BFochs: All those above have most definitely put on for the East Coast. In your opinion do you think the quality of music has decreased, or do you think the generation of today just overall likes what is coming out today? Name me 3 things you wish the game would have in it now that it doesn't have anymore.

Montega: Truthfully speaking the content has changed. It used to be much deeper records, out there now its more about a beat and a hook. You could pretty much say anything now as long as it's catchy. Just look at the difference. Tupac-Brenda's Got A Baby VS. Soulja Boy-Superman That Hoe. You see where I'm going with this, so I'm gonna leave it at that. As far as 3 things go

1.Loyalty

2.Honor

3.Respect

BFochs: I agree, the emergence of 'catchy beat/hookitis' has lowered the bar for people to get into the game. I must add that loyalty, honor and respect are not only missing in the music game, but in life in general, oh how the times have changed. Let's talk politics for a moment shall we? What do you think of this fuckery that's going on in the world with the economy and president. If you had to clean up this mess how would you do so? If you could compare President Bush to one of the 7 Dwarfs which one would it be?

Montega: I have to keep it real with you my nigg, I don't have a clue how to fix this shit. I don't think either of the candidates do either. This country is in a bad place right now, 2 wars going on at the same time as a recession and an election, what's next...The depression? Bush would be Dopey of course.

BFochs: If there was an 8th Dwarf named 'retarded douchebag' Bush would fit the bill for that one too lol. Good response. What is your take on the digital era? You and Team Afficial have taken advantage of today's technology to better your movement, but a lot of people in the game haven't. If you had to make one selling point to the 'non-believers' what would you say? When do you think the compact disc will completely be extinct?

Montega: The net hustle is great, it gives us a much larger audience, but it's just a part of the game. At the end of the day the digital era is basically a new platform for promotion. It just can't be your only platform for promotion, you gotta be out there meeting people and shaking hands, building relationships and shit. People want to be able to put a name with a face, you feel me.

I don't see cd's leaving soon unlike most. I think they will be around for years to come. I'm sure people who had 8-tracks and 45's never saw cds coming either lol.



BFochs: I smell what your steppin' in with the importance of the e-promo steez. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the compact disc. As mentioned you just released "Sunscreen Needed," which is a prequel to your sequel street album/mixtape "Human Heroin Volume 2." A lot of people come fonky with the first release of a certain project, but the sophomore jinx gets a hold of them. What steps and procedures have you taken to guarantee success with "Human Heroin Volume 2"?

Montega: The Human Heroin series was created by my dude Dj Wits (RIP) Volume 2 will be the last part in that series. I just wanna do it big for my nigga 1 last time. As far as a jinx goes Im not worried about that shit. I know my homie is watching over this project from a better place so it is what it is, that what's gonna guarantee success my nigg.

BFochs: I feel that, RIP DJ Wits, it's cool you are paying homage to him by making another project for the series he created. What kind of things can we expect on "Human Heroin Volume 2" as far as concepts, features, and production? What statement are you trying to make with this release?

Montega: You can expect that dope music my nigg. I don't waste one line of that loose leaf so everything on there is gonna be that raw shit niggas expect from me. I'm gonna keep the features under wraps for now, but I will say you can expect an appearance from the Squad Up general himself Stack Bundles (RIP) Production from Metro Beats, DJ Nice, Young Giftz and a list of others. I don't wanna spill all the beans as of yet, but believe it will be epic! I'm really not trying to make a statement im trying to make a classic my nigg.

BFochs: That's what's up, Human Heroin Volume 2 is on it's way!!! BE PREPARED PEOPLE! I asked Geolani this question and he gave me an indefinite answer, I will see if you do the same haha, where do you see Team Afficial in 5 years?

Montega: I know where we belong in the next 5 yrs I cant promise that we will be there but I can promise we will be working until we get there my brother.

BFochs: Either way I know ya'll will continue to do big things, T.A. is moving in the right direction, no doubt about it. Any shout outs, last words or comments before we get cross the finish line on this interview?

Montega: I wanna shout out my whole T.A Gang, keep applyin' that pressure my niggaz. A.Arson my www.rapmullet.com family, Big Chew and the homie Dimez, everyone on the board waddup!!!! The dude Dramills, don't forget to pick up that “We Know Drama” On Point waddup! Shouts to all the blogs and websites who support my music, too many to name right now, but thank you guys. Don't forget to log onto the website www.teamafficial.com for new music, videos, pics, etc.

BFochs: Big ups once again for taking the time to do this interview man, I hope the best for you and Team Afficial in anything ya'll do in the future.

Montega: Thank you my brother it's nuffin man you know how to get at me it's never a problem my nigg I wish you much success in the future good luck with the site



No comments:

Post a Comment