Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Young Kingz Chops It Up With BFochs!!!



BFochs: What's going on Young Kingz? Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this interview. How's everything going? How's life treating ya?

Young Kingz: I'm good. Couldn't be any better.

BFochs: Why don't you give the BBB viewers a formal introduction, just in case they have been sleeping under a rock and don't know who Young Kingz is or what you do.

Young Kingz: Well my name is Young Kingz, and I'm the man well known for bringing some of the best Hip Hop and R&B music to the masses, and it's been a real great expereince for me, almost feeling relaxing at times.

BFochs: I can dig that, feeding the masses with the newest and hottest Hip Hop and R&B is a fun thing to do. Some may not know, but you have been running your site, "The Young Kingz Daily 2.0" for quite some time. How long exactly have you been in the blog game, and what was the number one reason you decided to get into it?

Young Kingz: Well I've been blogging for a year and a half, and the main reason I started blogging was to bring the people that hot music. I've always been told that I had a great ear for music, and I should have my own show from a local barber lol, but it was to show people what music I dig and another reason I started blogging was for other personal reasons. After a death in the family music became my therapy away from the pain I felt so I said oh well let me turn to something I love, and music has never turned me down in my life.

BFochs: All you can do is respect that folks, it appears you got into this game for all the right reasons. Some people don't do that though, why do you think they try to degrade an already crazy industry by starting music sites to give all the new music away free and not positively promote new music like you do.

Young Kingz: Well I think for many people it' s all about the glitz and glamour, and they want to get a name. When I started my first blog I did upload full albums, and it took a great man by the name of Lupe to make me see the light. It's all about putting up the music, and not destroying an already messed up industry with declining sales, which I'm mad everyday I see low numbers.

BFochs: That is very true, not only the online bootlegging, but the rise of the digital era in general is killing hard copy album sales. The major labels are having a tough time moving units, why do you think they haven't hopped onto the digital download/online marketing game full steam like some artists/labels have, it seems like common sense to me.

Young Kingz: Well it seems they haven't been able to jump on that ship because many fans, such as the old heads are incapable of many digital and technological upgrades hence them still shipping hard copies for the fans who enjoy artwork, and basically for the older demographic, because the youth download like crazy.

BFochs: That is very true, the young music fans are all tech savy and they download everything, only the dedicated younger fans buy hard copies. Let's say you had an opportunity to school the label execs on how to approach this digital era in a positive manner. What are some tips you would give them?

Young Kingz: In this digital era there are many thing labels have to do for consumers to eat and buy into purchasing these albums/singles. It's all about putting the finest work out there, and stop neglecting the fans of pure hot music. Many people can feel cheated, but if the artist they love to death just puts the A effort behind their singles...the labels can comply basically and put out the hottest material, and retract away from rereleasing packages on any digital fronts.

BFochs: That seems like an appropriate approach. Since we are on the subject of digital music, let's speak on possibly the best invention musicwise for our generation and that is the mp3 and the mp3 player. Do you own an iPod or an MP3 Player? If so, if I picked it up this very moment what songs would I find on the 'most played' list?

Young Kingz: You would find a variety of stuff from R&B to Hip Hop: T.I., Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Jazmine Sullivan, Jay-Z, John Legend, Weezy, and Kanye. It's a lot, but that's what's buzzin' in my playlist.

BFochs: I would say you are a seasoned veteran in the online music promotion game with your blog. What is the craziest thing you've seen happen while running your blog?

Young Kingz: Well of course you have your online e-gangstas who hate for no reason. Shouts out to them "Hi Haters," and then I get lots of emails from people all around the world, and they tell me tales of how I effected their lives and what I mean to their lives personally. That in it's own right makes me happy, because I touched someone's life. It might be just by music, but its the point of connection with the loyal readers I love.

BFochs: That's funny you mention internet gangstas. I was about to ask you, what is your policy on all that e-beef and e-tomfoolery? Why do you think these individuals waste their lives trying to negatively affect those who are trying to bring good to the industry?

Young Kingz: Well personally I dont really care about the fake thugs out there. If you keep that in hind sight, you'll be effected and may do harm to yourself. So you will never catch a nigga like giving a flyin fuck what they think. All in all it's just great comedy, but the bigger picture is that it's just about the music, and that should be the main focus. Not about who got this, that, and the third. Dont focus on egos, but rather "G.O.O.D. Music" like Kanye says.

BFochs: Real talk you can take straight to the bank people, watch and learn, watch and learn lol. Let's side step the music topic for one moment. We have perhaps the most important election coming up in our lifetime in November, who are you rocking with? In a short sentence, how would you define the fuckery known as the "Bush Administration?"

Young Kingz: Well of course its all about Obama all day, and I advise all the people to go and vote. I really appreciate Jeezy encouraging the people to go out and vote, because we as a community need more positivity like this. As for the Bush administration...he just destroyed money we could've invested in better economical situations. Instead, we lost lives and just look at us now, a damn recession.

BFochs: Jeezy rightfully titled his last album. Let's rock it with some crazy hypothical questions and then we can wrap this thing up. First question...If your blog was a vehicle what kind of vehicle would it be? (It can be anything)

Young Kingz: A maybach, because I gotta be able listen and get comfortable. Just vibe out and get open of this shit lol.

BFochs: A wise choice my friend. Next question...Let's say a label gave you a budget to make an album, you could pick the executive producer(s) only thing is...it had to be with the crazy imaginary super group of Cam'ron, Soulja Boy, Shawty Lo, David Banner and Yung Berg. What would the title be, how many tracks, and name the 3 lead singles lol.

Young Kingz: Good question. I would love the executive producers to be Cool N Dre on this one, because they can definitely make that south and east coast music at the same time, and lead 3 singles would have to be David Banner, Shawty Lo, and Soulja Boy because they are the ones among this list that are the most marketable, and thats what it's all about.

BFochs: What would the album be called?

Young Kingz: The album would be called "Global Warming: The Epidemic." LOL.

BFochs: Lmao. Watch out for a '09 release date people! LOL. Last question, if you had 3 wishes with anything that had to do with music what would they be?

Young Kingz: 1.) I would like the sales to increase 2.) Me being involved with the hands on aspects of the music industry 3.) I wish people would stop making crazy and pitiful dance crazes. It's so 2007...please no more.

BFochs: Lol. I can dig that with a shovel. Any shout outs, last comment or words for the BBB viewers and the e-streets?

Young Kingz: Shouts to the real people who put that work in this blog game for the love of it. So shouts to NMC, Buck, H.E.R. Obese, Moe Greene, Sermon & you BFochs. These are the people who I admire and inspire me becuase I see they have the same love for this thing just like me.

BFochs: Thank you for your time Mr. Kingz, I wish the best for you and yours with anything you do. Take it easy man.

Young Kingz: Okay thanks, and take it easy homie.



No comments:

Post a Comment