Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Buck Marley Of Buck Marley's Xxxclusives Chops It Up With BFochs!



BFochs: Buck Marley whut it dew mane? What's going on? Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this interview, the grind has us all in a tough place haha. What's up though man, how goes it?


Buck Marley: BFochs, everything is good over here homie. We all got our plates full as of lately but it's that fast-moving world of music, you gotta love it!

BFochs: That is so true it should be in a text book lol. The Buck Marley movement has been moving for a while now, so peep should know who you are, but just in case let's give em a formal intro. Tell em your name, the name of your site/movement and the worst rap song you've ever heard.

Buck Marley: What's good everyone, I go by the name of Buck Marley around the "e-streets" and basically I started my site, Buck Marley Xxxclusives, in early April. I've gotten a good amount of support over the last 6-7 months and it was really something I never expected off the bat. As for the worst rap song I've ever heard, damn, there's a lot but I guess my hate has to continue for Soulja Boy. I despise pretty much anything he comes up with. Don't get me wrong, I respect his work ethic, but I just have a hard time gettin' into any of his material. Wait...is Soulja Boy even considered rap?! Haha.

BFochs: I believe he's a pop artist, but rap is so popular now it is considered pop. Either way, Soulja Boy's music rubs me the wrong way too haha. You've go the site rockin', Buck Marley Xxxclusives for a little over a half of a year. What was your motive for getting in this crunk ass blog game? Did you expect to see the results you've seen thus far?

Buck Marley: To be quite honest, I was always considered that music guy in town. I live in a fairly small town in New Jersey, and almost every other day I'd hear, "Yo, wanna burn me a CD?" Eventually, I got tired of this...so after gettin' a feel for other big name blogs around, I measured out what I could bring to the table in the blog world. That was the birth of Buck Marley Xxxclusives. I really didn't expect to see my site grow as fast as it did, but now I'm gettin' alot of connects and overall it's been a positive turn-out!

BFochs: That's what it is, you have something going on that nobody else can even fuck with at the level that you are on, and that's droppin' verses from the hottest songs that hit the e-streets. How did that concept come about?

Buck Marley: Way before the existence of my site, I came up with the concept of cutting out some of my favorite verses from select songs for my own collection, specifically for Lil' Wayne. Once my site came into the picture, I figured that this was something I haven't seen on the blogs I used to visit and it could turn out well. Little did I know, it would turn out to be the most popular feature on my site! When it comes to the newest Weezy verse or verses from the other big artists today, you know that I got you covered! Requests started coming in and now I have a solid idea on what the viewers want when it comes to the verses.

BFochs: Will the e-streets and Buck Marley Xxxclusive fans see custom made Buck Marley tracks with all these verses that you have in your stash?

Buck Marley: I can't even begin to tell you how many verses I have in my "vault." When it comes down to it, I plan on doin' projects where I will focus on a certain artist and pretty much create a solid compilation of that artists best or most popular verses. This is art of "verse-ology", what can I say? I wanna do compilations for the likes of Kanye West, Ludacris, The Game, Jay-Z and many, many more! For them Weezy stans, you know I got you covered for at least 5 tapes! So be on the lookout for these to start coming around once the ball drops on New Years...if all goes as planned, you can expect one compilation every month.

BFochs: I can dig it. You got the verse steez mastered, ain't nobody fuckin' with you on that front man. Not only do you have that niche locked down, but you are supporting an artist by the name of B.C. to the fullest extent on your site. Care to shine light on how that all started out?

Buck Marley: Absolutely. BC is an up and coming artist out of NJ who I met about two years ago through one of my best friends. We would roll to parties and then next thing you know, BC was spittin' some crack freestyles. I was really impressed, but I figured he wasn't gettin' the exposure he deserved. When I started the site, I reached out to him and now he's my featured artist. You can call me his manager or you can call me his street team, but in the end, we are both out to make a name for ourselves. Who isn't? Since then, we've been droppin' tracks regularly on my site and a lot of things have fallen into place. You should expect to hear a lot from BC in the near future. Real recognize real...ya dig?! The up andcoming movement is refreshing nowadays and there's a lot of artists out there that should be fucked with.

BFochs: That's what the fuck is up, supportin' one of the homies, can't hate on that folks, if you do you are just a jealous hatin' mofo haha. You mentioned that the up and coming movement is freshing, which artists off the top of your head make you feel good about the future of hip hop? If you could feature one of them who would it be and why?

Buck Marley: I mean, up and coming artists bring something new to the table. Not necessarily the youth, but you gotta start somewhere. You got the "10 Freshman" who were just chosen by XXL Magazine who are all a breathe of fresh air. You got your Charles Hamiltons, your Asher Roths...these guys are gettin' the spotlight they deserve. Then there are the artists who are slept on. I've been supporting Tenfoe lately, I fuck with your boys, Streetz & Young Deuces, I fuck with Dub. There's so many artists out there who feel that have what it takes but unless they are givin a chance, they aren't going to be heard. So if you got what it takes, then you can easily be featured on my site. BC is a different story because I'm his manager. Anyone lookin' to hook up for a track...hit me up! Tenfoe recently recruited BC for a track called "So Cold" and it was pretty hot! If you haven't checked that out, please do so...

BFochs: I feel ya, you gotta work harder to push B.C. because that's your ace in the hole. You are indeed right about peeps needing a chance, hit either one of us up, if you're hot we're fuckin' with you! We got the blog talk poppin' heavy, but I like to get EVERYONE's opinion on this debacle known as the economy mayhem and our presidential shiznit. What does Buck Marley think about this craziness?

Buck Marley: Oh boy...first off I gotta say this. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! Don't let someone else choose who wins the election for you! This is easily the most important election that we have faced in our generation! With that said, look at what has happened to our country over the last 8 years...you can blame who you want, but we need to get ourselves back on track. The recession isn't something that's positive by any means. Either way, at this rate, we are lookin' at some tough times in the future. You can't dwell on it...we have to act together. I'm not a huge political-head when it comes to knowing my shit, but i'm rockin' with Obama. [Editor's Note: Election is over. OBAMA WON! OWWWWWWW]

BFochs: I hate to put this pressure on you, but who do you think is more reasonable for the banking crisis, the banks or the irresponsible borrowers?

Buck Marley: I don't know a great deal about all the fuckery that has been going on, but I do feel that there are things that need to be fixed and fast. I'ma have to throw my blame towards the banks because if they got their stuff together, the irresponsible borrowers would have to abide by guidelines and regulations.

BFochs: That's what I was thinking as well, they wouldn't have got the money to begin with if the banks was on their job. Ok, we got the blog talk covered, we dabbled with current affairs, time for a few wacky questions then we can make this thing official like a referee's whistle. First question. I know you are one with the herbage, what are your top 5 favorite smoking songs of all time? Explain each if you can.

Buck Marley: Well, let me tell you...I love music...and I love bud. If you put them together, I'm in heaven. There are so many songs I love to burn down to. Top 5 goes a little something like this (no order) - 50 Cent's "High All the Time"...this was 50 Cent in GRODT days, aka his best days. Devin the Dude's "Can't Make It Home," is a fairly new song off Devin's latest album, but the dude is notorious for his bud anthems, I've been burnin' to this lately. Lil' Wayne's "I Feel Like Dying." I had to throw this in there because this was my smoking anthem that whole summer when it dropped. Styles P's "Good Times"...this is one of the most known bud songs, if not in your top 5 it's straight, but who hasn't burned down to this? and lastly I'ma have to go with Method Man's & Redman's "How High (Remix)" simply because they smoke just as much as I do. If we had time, I'd rather do a top 100.

BFochs: I feel you we could make a weekly countdown of herb homage paying tunes. I wouldn't even know where to start, good choices for your 5. Next question. Let's say a professional sports team was down with your site and wanted to make you the official music blog for their team, which team would you want to ask you that and why?

Buck Marley: That's too easy. I'm a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I was born into a family dominated by Cowboys fans! I already got my section on the site supporting their season (even though right now, they are suffering with injuries, suspensions and anything else that may give us bad luck) but Jerry Jones, come see me!..but that's what it is, Dallas Cowboys to the death. I'm a real fan, who sticks with their team in tough times too. At least we beat them Packers this year...sorry Fochs...had to throw that in there. Sorry Wisconsin!

BFochs: *cough* Green Bay has the most champions out of any team in the league ever *cough* LOL. I feel ya though, you did serve us good. The Cowboys would be a cool team to have behind you. Last question and then it's a done deal. Let's say there was a Buck Marley Xxxclusives Magazine, what kind of things would we see in that magazine?

Buck Marley: Buck Marley Xxxclusives magazine would feature everything that makes up my lifestyle. All-in-all, if you flipped from the front page to the end like a flip-book, you'd see some beautiful women, beautiful marijuana plants and beautiful women smoking beautiful blunts. And then of course you got the music, the sports, the freshest kicks and much more! Maybe we can get on that...you think I'd get any subscribers?

BFochs: Shit I'd cop a lifetime subscription, ain't nothin' wrong with beautiful women smoking blunts lmao. That's what it is Buck, good shit man, you got any shouts outs last comments or words before we cross the finish line on this interview?

Buck Marley: Sure thing...first off, I gotta shout out my boy BFochs for giving me the opportunity to chop it up. I can't go through any shouts without mentioning the NMC because they get it in! ALL bloggers know that, so don't disrespect their movement! I wanna give a special shout out to my entourage, as I like to call it. Obese, Kingz, Muzikfene...whattup! BOBO! Anyone else I forgot, sorry but you aren't on my mind right now! Besides that, anyone out there, keep it real and smoke weed everyday! You already know I got you BC! Let's get it in! Be on the lookout for a bunch of shit poppin' in the near future! It's been good, and I'm signin' out! Buck Buck bitches....

BFochs: That's what's up people you done heard the boy Buck kick that real shit! once again, thanks for the interview mane, I wish the best of luck for you and anything you do in the future, keep up the good work mane.

Buck Marley: No doubt homie!




No comments:

Post a Comment