Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, November 24, 2008

Buck50CEO Of The TrakDealaz Chops It Up With BFochs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


BFochs: What's goin' on Buck 50 CEO? Big ups for takin' the time to do this interview man, I know you are in the lab constantly cookin' up some more heat, it's hard to a take a break when you're in the zone. How's the grind treatin' ya? How are things going for you overall?

Buck50CEO: We successful! So that's a blessing in itself. The grind is what we live. We are from the streets so we know what it is to grind, but we are also educated so we know how to utilize our work ya dig! Basically, things couldn't be better! Lol.

BFochs: Indeed, success is dope, managing the grind is crucial. Let's get it officially crackin' with an introduction, tell the BBB viewers who you are, where you're from, the name of your movement, and your favorite beat that you've produced thus far.

Buck50CEO: Well, first I am Buck50CEO of the TrakDealaz. My partners are Extrawdinare, Skyz Muzik and Mistah Sandman! We represent the TrakDealaz click! My favorite and most fun joint we did was "Richer then Richie" for Cory Gunz!...but we got plenty of accomplishments that we appreciate!

BFochs: What's good Extrawdinare, Skyz Muzik and Mistah Sandman I see you! How did you and the rest of the crew initially link up to form this production team?

Buck50CEO: Me and Ex have been doing music for a minute! I used to rap and produce and Extrawdinare used to submit beats to me. He's from a block I used to hustle on in Midtown and I was mentoring some other cats that wanted to produce, I've always been doing music and I saw the talent in him. I used a couple of joints and from there it was history. I got locked up, came out and me and him linked up officially on the music tip! I ended up gettin' my bread back up and we came up with the TrakDealaz brand! While me and Ex were grindin' we ended up at Universal and an A&R over there slid us a number to a producer he messed wit, that was Mistah Sandman. At the same time, I was battlin' a cat on the net beat for beat on Myspace and he brought up that we was both too fire to be battlin' and that we should work together. That was Skyz Muzik, we all met once ,felt the power in the room and the rest was history! I got the paperwork right and we signed in!

BFochs: That' dope how you all came together like voltron to form the Trakdealaz, good shit, good to see you all linked up, alone you'd be devastating forces in your own respects, but as a unit you can kill it even harder! Who influenced you to get into the music business? Did you have music in your background prior to jumping in? Who in the game right now inspires you to give the best effort in all of your projects?

Buck50CEO: Truthfully, no one did for me! When CDs first came out I had one and my parents always said I was going to be something! When ever I was lost I had music and I just had a deep passion for success! I knew I was nice and I used my street knowledge to seal the business aspect of the game. For Skyz it's different. He's been playin' since he was 5 yrs old. He was brought up in the streets and the church, so he has swag plus the music theory needed to express passionate music! He also has family that has been there and done that in the game, which helped him visualize his goals! Mistah Sandman's godfather is Yung Lord, so he had a little music background too. Seeing his godfather's plaques pushed him to produce the best that he can! Extrawdinare is probably the youngest in the game out of all of us! He has no music background, but he's very intelligent and picks up on things quicker then anyone I've worked with, so he picks up from all of us! We all wear multiple hats too which helps the team prosper to the fullest!! We all have our favorite producers like Heatmakerz, Timbo, Swizzy and Just Blaze, but right now Ryan Leslie is doing his damn thing!

BFochs: Being born with talent and passion for something is a good look, it appears you and your term are well-versed in your craft, that will only make your jobs easier. Ryan Leslie is super sick wit, as are the other producers you mentioned. If you had to compare your production style to a movie which movie would it be and why? Do you have any ambitions of producing a movie soundtrack in the future?

Buck50CEO: Jaws! definitely Jaws! We are creepin' and little do people know if ya'll like what we are releasing now wait till we get in the big studio and each one of us touches every beat we release! To us the beats we have released are just to prove we aren't one hit wonders! When it comes to albums, your going to hear a whole new TrakDealaz sound!!! Jaws...lol...because we're creepin', and when we finally take our bite out the game we are going to monopolize the beat game for a good ten year run! On the movie tip, we got offers. We already scored a couple commercials, movies and DVDs! Recently, we scored for Elyvette!!...a brand new clothing line that's branched from Victoria Secret. Our music will be played all around the world at all their fashion shows!

BFochs: That was a dope movie to compare your style, I completely get what you mean, you hear the sound effects of Jaws coming...then BAM! That project with Elyvette is a good look, big ups on that man, I look forward to hearing your guys's stuff in movies and such in the future. is there any specific artist or groups you want to work with right now? Hho has been the most fun artist/group to work with thus far?

Buck50CEO: Right now, we need that official Wayne look, Jay-Z, Kanye, you know, the big guys! We are just takin' our steps and branding the name! The funnest like I said before was Cory Gunz, He's just down to earth and super creative! Also, JR Writer is another artist that we have fun with, because you never know what J's going to say...lol...shout to both them!

BFochs: Cory Gunz is an animal and J.R. Writer goes hard with them crazy punchlines, I can't imagine how dope it'd be to work with people of that caliber. I'm very confident the time will come soon whre you guys will be working with the Jay-Z's of the game. Being that there is 4 creative minds at work when making beats I have to ask this. do you ever have big disagreements in regards to what direction you should take when making tracks?

Buck50CEO: We all respect each other for our positions. I got the business, directing and promotion. Skyz has the music theory and keyboard playing. Ex got the sample digging and video editing. Then, Sandman comes through with the technical stuff like software cracks, sound banks, etc! We all mix, produce and do a little of everything, but when it comes down to it we know who to go to for what! i'm the one bitchin' at them because this is my life and I need to make sure they understand what I'm doing for the team and how we are approachin' greatness!

BFochs: That's cool you all got it figured out like that, with such creativity floating in the room thinks could get ugly lol, I'm glad you got a system down so that doesn't occur. The first thing I thought of when I heard the name 'TrakDealaz' was movin' them tracks, gettin' your grind and hustle on. To you who are the greatest hustlers ever? They don't have to be from the music business.

Buck50CEO: I mean to me the greatest hustlers are Russell Simmons, Diddy, Jim Jones, Dame, Jay-Z and me! That's just on the music side! I say that because besides for Diddy and Russell who started in the labels, niggaz came from nothin' and now they at the round table with the suits!

On just a hustler tip, I respect Trump, Oprah. and people of that caliber!..but I'm comin'I

BFochs: We all need that Oprah money lol. That was quality list of hustlers, nice response. In order to get that Oprah dough though you need to have the proper tools to make the beats thare are going to get you that gwap. All producers have their specific tools that they use to lay down them tracks. Which tools do you use? Do you prefer hardware or software? Do you think software and the advancement in technology has changed the game for the better or the worse?

Buck50CEO: We use everything. The standard MPC. We use all the keyboards: Fantom, Triton, ASR, Korg, Yamahas, etc. We also use Fruity Loops for complicated drum patterns! We use software right into Protools for added swag after we do the damn thing!...but our new toy is the Neko, Shouts to Open Lab! Can we get a couple on the arm?!? Lol.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


BFochs: That's how the magic happens folks, peep game producers, peep game! Everyone has a job or an occupation that they'd like to look at as their fallback if the music business isn't kind to them. if you guys weren't producing what do you think you'd be doing as a job?


Buck50CEO: Well for me there is no other option lol. I've got to many felonies to get a regular job. Skyz makes money all week playin keys. Sandman is in school studying to be a lawyer. and Extrawdinare, he is good as long as I am, ya dig! Failure is not an option! I will find a lane and burn it up!

BFochs: I feel you fam, I'd be up shit creek if not for music too, god bless music! One question about current affairs then we can continue on with the music. We just recently witnessed history with the electing of Barack Obama as our next president. What is your take on this matter and do you think Barack will be able to steer our country in the right direction after 8 years of bad policies and decisions by the Bush administration?

Buck50CEO: To keep it a hundred!...god bless that man! he proved to a lot of black youths that anything is possible and that's what I've been preachin' for a while. The thing is I like to show and prove, not talk! Hopefully Barack can do his thing and he doesn't end up as a scapegoat for bush! the country has a lot of issues and I pray that the American people won't blame him if everything isn't taken care of by the end of his term!

BFochs: I jammed Sam Cooke," A Change Is Gonna Come" most of the day after the election, it was truly a phenomonal event to be apart of. I think Obama will be good as long as he has a good team around him, hopefully America supports his movement further passed just being elected. Back to the music, what are some of the projects/tracks you guys have out there right now that people need to look out for? What are you guys working on right now that the fans will have to keep an eye out for in the future?

Buck50CEO: We just did a joint on the Skull Gang project which got millions of views and downloads! We got placements on Juelz's album also! We have mixtapes in the works with Prospect Penz, Cory gunz, JR Writer, Square Off and Fred Money and we are negotiating a couple more! We produced a few joints that should be on Cam'ron's "Crime pays." We got a video coming out with Arliss Michaels and Hot Rod from G-Unit! We are also working with Mazaradi Fox and the Dumouts!! So basically, we are just bubblin', waitin' for our big hit!! Over the winter I'm planning on taking over the South and the R&b lane, just to prove we do it all! Big things poppin', but are we staying humble until that big check comes in ya dig! To see our work cop the Blood, Sweat & Tears DVD, RealTalk DVD, and stay tuned to forbezdvd.com along with worldstarhiphop.com!!! we working!

BFochs: Nice, you got a lot on your plate, I'll be keeping my ears peeled for more TrakDealaz produced tracks for sure. Fuck with all that stuff listed above people, these dudes get it in, witness greatness! What does the perfect beat sound like to you? What characteristics make the beat perfect?

Buck50CEO: The perfect beat to me is an Extrawdinare sample, chopped by Skyz, beat pattern by Skyz and synths created by Sandman!

BFochs: Perfect beat=Trakdealaz beat, you smell what Buck50CEO is steppin' in people? Is there any projects you've been apart of where you thought things should have went better with the success of the track? How do you recoup from something like that happening? What kind expectations do you guys have for 2009?

Buck50CEO: Well just the other day, the Bang Bang Boogie niggaz deaded us on a movie soundtrack because they couldn't wait for me to send the beat. We custom made the beat, I paid for the niggaz studio and shot the video for free and the second these niggaz heard a check they couldn't wait for me to send the beat before they made their move! Shits funny to me...lol...niggaz don't realize who I am!! By 2010 i guarantee I'm going to be giving niggaz deals. I'm the next Jimmy, Dame, Puff and Jay-Z! Niggaz should call me Christopher Lloyd because I'm so far in the future, niggaz can't understand the steps I'm making now! Where I'm, at Obama's in his second term ya dig!

BFochs: Damn that's nuts, the game is a fickle mistress. Making a "Back To The Future" reference>, ya, I went there. I definitely see those types of things mentioned above happening mane, just keep grinding and I'll be reading "Exectutive Producer: Buck50CEO" on CD inserts. The music business is as crazy as it's ever been. If you could compare the state of the game to a beat you've produced which would it be and why? Do you think the game will straighten itself out or do you think it will only get more crazy?

Buck50CEO: The game is fucked. and niggaz don't know where to go because once shit isn't comfortable for niggaz they run to something else, when usually the answer lies within the problem! Enough said! You haven't heard the beat that explains the state of the game, but it's coming!

BFochs: Vicious business people, this shit ain't for the faint of heart. Watch out for said beat people, I'm sure you'll recognize the tone when you hear it! Let's say a instrument company thought you guys were so raw they wanted you to design an instrument for producers. What would this device include? What would it be called?

Buck50CEO: Truthfully, we are on that level already. I can't release that info without fucking up my bread! Lol, producers catch up!! Open Lab holla at me!

BFochs: That's what it is, you know you're doing it big when you got your hands in stuff like that. We have reached the end of the road homie, good shit. Any shout outs, last words or comments before we wrap this thing up?

Buck50CEO: The TrakDealaz are next, shout to my brothers! Extrawdinare, Mistah Sandman and Skyz Muzik, I got you niggaz!! Ya'll know I don't sleep and sacrifice my life for this! Let's get it!!!! Www.trakdealaz.com coming '09!!!

BFochs: Big ups once again Buck50CEO for taking the time to chop it up with the Fochsman, I wish you and the TrakDealaz the best of luck in anything you do in the future, take it easy homie.



No comments:

Post a Comment