Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mr. X Of The Xclusive Zone Chops It Up With BFochs!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic




BFochs: Mr. X, how goes it man, thanks for taking the time to do this interview. What's going on? What's poppin' in Mr. X-Ville right now?

Mr. X: Everything's good BFochs. Just grindin' and supplyin' people with that new crack music. I see you're doin your thang as well.

BFochs: I'm tryin' mane, you already know bloggin' ain't easy haha. It's quite obvious who you are, because if people are reading this interview on my blog I'm almost 100 percent certain they know of you and what you do, but just in case the folks somehow don't know who you are please give them an introduction.

Mr.X: I'm Mr.X aka Mr. Xclusives. The name speaks for itself, if you need that new new shit, you know where to go...the Xclusives Zone! All the latest music and videos from the biggest artists to the up and coming MCs, if its hot its there.

BFochs: This cat gets it in people with that new music steez, if you aren't familiar now, you better get famliar ASAP! www.xclusiveszone.blogspot.com is the domain, bookmark it! Everybody has a reason why they started their blog, what is yours? What are the 3 main things you hoped to achieve when coming into the blog game?

Mr. X: Well I was speakin' to the homie LowKey one day and I had this new Lyfe Jennings featuring Lil Wayne record and I was gonna give it to him to post and he suggested I start my own blog. I always thought about it before, but that time I just went for it. And here I am today! Well I just wanted to be one of the top websites people go to for new music. The thing im lookin' to one day do is run the audio section of a major Hip Hop website (HHG, HHDX, AHH), but still have my blog as well.

BFochs: It was indeed a wise move starting the blog, a massive amount of my mp3s have came from you haha. HHG, HHDX & AHH get on your job and hire this dude! You run one of the more successful blogs, Xclusives Zone, but I'm sure things weren't always how they are now. How was the blog scene and your overall success level when you started the Xclusives Zone?

Mr. X: I remember when I started out back in January there weren't all these blogs. There were only a couple that I knew of. I was trying make a name for myself. So I just started posting tracks at first, then I also started to add videos in the mix. A shout out there , a link there and before you know it things started to grow. It's been movin' great ever since. The key is to stay consistent.

BFochs: Consistency is crucial, the viewers are unkind, a few big slip-ups and they'll move onto the next spot, as wack as that is. You not only post the newest in mainstream Hip Hop and R&B music, but you put a great deal of focus on supporting indy and unsigned artists as well. Do you think a blog as high-powered as yours is enough to propel an artist into a new light which could get them signed? Do you believe that blogs are the online version of DJs?

Mr. X: The way I see it is that the blogs and websites are now essential for success. You can build your buzz with a click of a button. You've seen AC and his "Attack of the Blogs," Charles Hamilton and his virtual tour of the blogs , XV's 40 Days and 40 Nights and the hundreds of weekly releases from artists. Everyone is starting to realize that the internet is the way to go now. The blogs are breaking artists so we have the same power as DJ's now. Instead of an artist being known locally, he/she gets heard nationally and internationally. Labels are starting to take notice now and starting to work with the blogs.

BFochs: The blogs are getting to a be a crucial means for online promotion, it's going to get to the point where EVERY artist is going to be on a blog at some level. Xclusives Zone is apart of the elite group of exclusive music bloggers known as the New Music Cartel, when did you guys officially start collaborating on bringing the newest Hip Hop and R&B tracks to the web? Do you think there will ever be an expansion of the New Music Cartel into other things, perhaps a promo company or something?

Mr. X: Eskay was the one who came up with the name. I was checking out his blog and I seen it in a post and each word linked to a different blog. I was surprised to see mine as one of them. Then everything just took off from there. We are doin' big things now and look out for some surprises in the future.

BFochs: Keep your eyes peeled people, there is no telling what these cats are going to do next, you have been warned! Haha. A lot of other blogs claim to be bringing in all the exclusives, but that is obviously not true. What do you think of these sites who try jack your swag and call themselves "_______ Exclusives"?

Mr. X: Nowadays blogs are popping up everyday. I guess since they see how successful we have become , they think it's easy. That's not the case. We put work in and worked to get where we are. I dont think people take notice to all these blogs popping up cause they are all the same. They have nothing different to offer. People who visit my blog from the time I started know I have been consistent all the way and I hope to stay that way.

BFochs: Ever since I've known about your spot you've constantly had that new ish for the masses, keep up the good work sir. You got the cbox rockin' on your spot, which at times is a good communication device for the visitors of your site...but it also breeds a lot of e-thuggery and e-shananigans, plus it also makes way for people to spam the shit out of your site. What is the Mr. X policy on e-thugs? What do you think of all the people who sit and spam your cbox?

Mr.X: Honestly, I don't pay attention to the cbox anymore. All it has become is people spamming or promoting their blog. I'm going to be removing it soon. People can use the comments option which would be better and more organized I think.

BFochs: Indeed, comments can be sorted through easier, spammers beware, your chance to gain shine off Mr. X is coming to an end! I think it is safe to say the age of blogging is in an upswing and it will only continue to rise. What do you think things will be like in the blogging game in say a year or two from now? Do you think by then labels will fully understand that music blogs are an important outlet for music promotion, or do you think they will continue to hate on us?

Mr. X: The blog scene is only going to get bigger, but some labels are starting to see the benefits of the blogs and are teaming up up with the blogs, like the NMC / Duck Down Records contest. Of course your going to have labels hating on us cause they think all we do is taking away from their album/single sales. Lil Wayne was releasing hundreds of tracks and was on thousands of tapes and still sold 1 mil first week so you can't blame it on that, but only time will tell how things will go.

BFochs: Most definitely, the labels just need to get on the same page as us and it will be all good. Let's say google was interested in expanding it's reach to the music realm, and one of their first steps was purchasing your blog due to the exclusivity of your material. What number would they have to throw out to you for you to sell your blog?

Mr.X: Hahaha...I don't know what I would say. I must say I'm attached to my blog so it's going to have to be a really nice figure. That's if they would take it over and I have no say in it, but if it's more of a partnership then I'm all for it. It's google so what do you expect lol.

BFochs: True dat, google is the truth, it'd be very hard to say no to them haha. If you could get an exclusive from anyone one artist who would it be and why?

Mr. X: I'm guessing it would have to be Jay-Z. I'm just a big fan of his talent and always enjoy his tracks. I would also have to say Slaughterhouse would be a top choice now, but you only wanted one artist lol.

BFochs: A Hov exclusive would be an awesome look for your site, people go crazy when there is new Jigga material out there. Last question, I know you drop mixtapes and collaborative projects with other sites and artists, will we ever see an Xclusives Zone studio album? If so, who will be on it?

Mr. X: Lol, you see I dropped 2 Mr. X tracks so far, the "Banned from T.V." joint and the "Cartel All Stars" ...getting my DJ Khaled on, no screaming though, but we might see a Mr.X album in the future. if I get my money right or I get signed lol. I would pair up legends in the game with the hottest up and coming artists. Kanye West and Charles Hamilton? Eminem and Asher Roth? Other artists would be Jay-Z , Nas , Dr.Dre , Andre 3000 , Young Jeezy , Donny Goines , Skyzoo , Sha Stimuli , AC , Luguz , Deontre Blayz , XV and more. Oh and you know I gotta have those xclusive 2Pac and B.I.G verses on there.

BFochs: The Mr. X album is coming soon than you think folks, probably sooner than Detox lol. Any shoutouts, last comments or words before we wrap this interview up?

Mr. X: Shouts out to the NMC, thats the fam right there. Shouts out to everyone who has supported me so far (artists and viewers) and expect bigger things in the future!

BFochs: Word 2 big bird. Thank you once again for doing this interview Mr. X, keep doing it big man!




No comments:

Post a Comment