Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hamiltion/Cincinnati MC Shi'dimo Chops It Up With BFochs!



BFochs: What's Crackin' Shi'dimo? Big ups on taking the time to chop it up with the Fochsman. What's happenin' though man, what's poppin' right now?

Shi'dimo: Ain't shit fam, just trying make it do what it do.

BFochs: That's all you can do in this crazy world we live in. Why don't we get this thing started on the right track eh? Let the BBB viewers know who you are, where your from, what movement your reppin' and the craziest music industry moment you've had thus far.

Shi'dimo: Well, the name is Shi'dimo, I'm reppin' Hamilton, Ohio. The movement I'm running wit is called Back Down, it's a bunch of artists I have got together that I feel are good enough to make it in this game. The craziest industry moment would have to be a couple shows I have done and really rocked the crowd, fans mean everything to me and I do it for them, so to see that they are actually feeling the music, and know the words means a lot to me.

BFochs: Indeed, if you don't have the fans riding with you you're not going to be too successful, plus it's cool to see how they react to your music. You're reppin' Ohio, one of the more blossoming areas in the Midwest for music. What's the climate like there as far as talent pool and what not, I know a little bit about Cleveland's scene, but not so much about the area where you are from, please enlighten the viewers on what you guys got going on there.

Shi'dimo: Well I'm from Hamilton, but ride for Cincinnati. Cincinnati is only about 15 minutes away so it's kinda like the big brother to Hamilton. We have a lot of great artists down here, Showtime, Kenny P. and Black Jack are some of the bigger named artists in the city, but we have a lot of up and coming artists down here. I do feel the only problem we have down here is a lot of artists only ride for themselves , if we all came together and worked as a city, we could have the game by storm, if people would just put there egos to the side and work together we would be a problem. We have some of the best DJ's in the game, DJ Dimepiece with CoreDJ's, she is holding it down for the Nati something crazy. DJ Drizzle, the Cincinnati official street DJ, DJ Skinny Fresh is killing the clubs and a lot more up and coming DJ's, Cincinnati will make it very soon and when we do it's going be hard for you other artists to eat.

BFochs: I can dig that, Cinci and the Midwest aren't fuckin' around, you mentioned that artists aren't being unified within your city and that plays a big role in why things haven't developed fully in your music scene. Do you think that is the main reason why the Midwest isn't getting the respect we deserve or do you think there are other variables that keep the Midwest where it's at?

Shi'dimo: Well I can't speak for the whole Midwest, but I do say we need unity as a rap game, there are too many egos running around, everybody thinking they the king of they city, and they to rich or there swag's to fresh to work with each other, we need to put everything aside and make great music, but don't get me wrong it is some people out there that are trying see artists come together, DJ Dimepeice just held a big Midwest Conference for artists to interact and perform in front of well known A&R's, producers, and label owners, and I feel we need more of that. The Midwest is full of great artists so when it's our turn to bat we are taking the game over.

BFochs: You already know Midwest got that heat, it's just a matter of time mane, we'll get ours. You spoke of that music conference recently held in Cincinnati. How did that event turn out? What are some of the main things that went down there that you think helped you grow as an artist?

Shi'dimo: To keep it all real fam, I wasn't able to make it there. I had some out of town business to attend to, but I did hear from a couple artists that did go that it was great, and I want to take this time to thank DJ Dimepiece and all the people that put it together. As a rap game we need conferences like that where artists have the chance to get there music heard by A&R's, producers, and label reps. The next big artist could be right under your noses and you have no idea, so with that conference you're bringing the artists to the people and the people to the artists, but I will make sure to mark off my whole weekend next year when she has it again, I will be there.

BFochs: Damn, well you'll have an opportunity to hit up the next one I'm sure, shout out to DJ Dimepiece and anyone who's trying to bring unity to the rap game! That's one thing every region needs to get with, and that's unity. Rap beef has been around forever, but in this day and age with new technology artists are taking it to the web. What is your take on these 'Youtube' beefs?

Shi'dimo: It's a waste of time, I have never been a fan of rap beef, while you're taking out time to write verses to diss this other man, you can be making a hit record that will make you millions. That's just how I feel because most of these beefs are pointless and a waste of time, why waste time dissing another man when I can be getting money?...but I will say that some of that Youtube shit is funny as hell. Like the J Hood and Jadakiss shit, or the Max B and Jim Jones shit. As pointless as I say it is, it is still entertaining to watch because I'm always on Youtube looking for new beef vids, it's always a "who is beefing with who" type of thing.

BFochs: Indeed. Do you think the Youtube beefing takes away from rappers street cred or do you think it's just part of the game now and it's just a sign of the times that these things are online instead of the streets?

Shi'dimo: Well the net is taking over, like Jadakiss said the internet is the new street team, because the same cats you find out on the Ave you can also find right on the net, so with one push of a button you can promote to a mass amount of people worldwide. That's where I'm taking my whole aim for my newest mixtape "Fast Lane Music." I want to have it blasting on every single rap website on the internet. Through the internet you can have fans from Brooklyn all the way to China you feel me, but cats are buying into the whole Youtube beef shit, niggas will talk tough on the camera, but that shit will all change up when they are face to face with that man.

BFochs: That's very true, the web is taking over, it's official folks, the e-streets are incredibly important, get your net game up artists! That's also true about people talking slick on camera, or in general, tough in a crowd, quiet as a mouse dolo. Another negative energy artists deal with besides beef is the 'hater' It seems like hating is a disease that will never stop spreading. As an artist, what are some things you do to channel the hate away from you and your crew to keep things running smoothly? If you could compare haters to beat produced by Hi-Tek which beat would it be and why?

Shi'dimo: I don't deal with hate, I treat haters like that nagging ass ex girlfriend and just ignore the hell out of it, I'm getting money, so if its not about me getting money then I have nothing to do with it. Beef takes way to much energy out of a person and I ain't got time for it, so I just play it to the side, fuck beef, I get money baby. What exactly do you mean by compare haters to a beat by Hi-Tek?

BFochs: I mean like a beat/song he's produced, if you had to compare haters/hatred to a beat he's made which beat would it be and why.

Shi'dimo: Well I'm a big fan of Hi-Tek and not a big fan of beef so I would hate even talkin' about them two things in the same sentence. Tek makes great music, he has been in the game a long time and hopefully one day I will be on the same level as dude.

BFochs: That's understandable, you can't associate certain things just for interview's sake haha. Hi-Tek wouldn't be down with that negativity. Speaking of Hi-Tek, dude is crazy with the production like you mentioned. If you could have any kind of beat produced for you by him what kind/style of beat would it be? What would the finished track be called?

Shi'dimo: Hi-Tek is a great producer, he knows his music, I have to give him that, so if me and him was to get in the studio together I feel it would be a classic no matter what style of beat it was, rather it's something taking to the fans, or a track for the club. He is a great producer and I'm a great artist, so mix both of them up and it's a recipe for great music fam. Personally, I would love to work with Hi-Tek and love to hear the music we would come out of the studio with man.

BFochs: I'd be first in line to hear that. Time to stray away from the music talk for one question, and that's so we can talk politricks. It's safe to say the country is fucked up beyond belief. Obama just got elected, there is some enthusiasm with him being elected, Do you think he can fix what's poppin' off in the U.S.? If you could compare the economic status in our country to a song you've made which one would it be and why?

Shi'dimo: I like Obama and I feel he has the tools to get us back on our feet. It's not goin' to be a over night thing, but I will say it can be done in due time. As a country we have seen a ot of fucked up things in the last couple years with Bush in office. We've witnessed 9/11 and events that followed that, we went to war, now we are in a recession, so our eyes have seen a lot, but we are strong, we will over come. America is way to strong not to, we are weak right now, but we'll get that energy back. I would have to compare the economy to my song out called "Thru My Eyes." I basically talk about how people judge people by just looking at them, but if you can't see what life is like 'thru my eyes' then you can't judge me, America is at a very fucked up point right now, but we will get are energy and our swag back and we will stand tall once again.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


BFochs: Only god can judge you, a very cliche phrase, but it's true. I have high hopes as well. I mean America has been through some grimey shit, we just gotta stay focused and keep pushin'. Back to the music. You mentioned "Fast Lane Music" being dropped recently. What was the main objective when you dropped this project? Have you met that objective yet? For the fans who have yet to listen to "Fast Lane Music" what can they expect? What are you're favorite 'fast lane music' songs of all time, meaning which songs pay ode to the 'fast lane' of life to you the most.

Shi'dimo: The main objective was just to put out great music for the masses. There's so much 'crank that soulja boy' type of music out here that people lost sight of what real lyrics are. I tell a part of my life with every CD I put out, and I named this chapter "Fast Lane Music" because it felt like I was living in the fast lane while creating this cd. First, I became a father which changed my whole world around me, my music finally started taking off, I started doin' more shows and meeting people I needed to meet, so I felt since I was living life in the fast lane, why not name it "Fast Lane Music." My song called "Hi Haters," which is one of my singles off of "Fast Lane Music" is always playing, rather in my car or in my iPod, it is always in rotation, because there are so many haters out here so all you can do is wave and say "Hi Haters."

BFochs: Haters are a dime a dozen, there's more haters than there is success, shit's nuts lol. If you had to pick 5 tracks besides your own to display 'fast lane music' which songs would you pick?

Shi'dimo: I couldn't name any, there's no music that's even close to "Fast Lane Music," not in the same league as "Fast Lane Music." this mixtape production wise and lyrics wise is giving these other artists out there a run for that money, to be honest I don't even really listen to many artists nowadays, it's all the same songs. 'Fast Lane Music' is fast lane music, I will give you a word to display or describe fast lane music, "GREATNESS".

BFochs: Check and mate, I respect that answer, once again, you can't force yourself to answer shit that can't be answered haha. If there was only one thing the fans could take from you music and your new project "Fast Lane Music" what would it be?

Shi'dimo: Have fun, life is way to short to be sitting around sad, get out, get money and have fun. A lot of people ask me why everyday I'm always laughing and cracking jokes, I let them know "God woke me up this morning, that's reason enough to be happy." I make happy music, I make real music, I'm a real person so I can only make real music you feel me? So be happy, smoke some weed and say fuck it like Katt Williams said, haha. One more thing also, I don't talk about guns in my music, I hate hearing about a person getting shot. Yes, I own guns and yes I have been around firearms my whole life, but that is a part of my life that I don't put in my music, I don't promote violence, so if it's one thing I want people to take from my music, is that guns aren't the way to go. I've lost way too many people out here on these streets man, let's stop the blood shed, it's time for a change.

BFochs: That's some real shit there man, people are so quick to talk about negativity in their music, sure it's really happening so there is a claim for making it part of your music, but it can be avoided, you my friend are proof of that. So you got "Fast Lane Music" poppin' off, what other kinds of things can we expect to see from you in the future?

Shi'dimo: Well, I have a mixtape I'm putting together called "Welcome To The Jungle." It will have a mixture of artist from the Cincinnati area on there. The reason I'm putting that out is I want every artist in the city to be able to get there music heard, so if I can help in any way why wouldn't I?...but other then that, I'm just working on making great music and trying meet new people, I hold my life in God's hands, whatever he want me to do is what I do. so keep ya eyes wide and ya ears open.

BFochs: Watch out for "Welcome To The Jungle" and more heat from Shi'dimo folks! That's all I got for ya man, good shit. Any shout outs, last words or comments before we end this thing?

Shi'dimo: Shout out to every artist from the Nati, shout out to every up and coming artist period, and before I get out of here I just want to let all the up and coming artist know, don't give up, life is what you make of it. That's a saying I heard some years back and I could never make sense of it, Now I understand it and live it, if you want it, you gotta go out here and get it ya dig? www.myspace.com/shidimomusic that's the myspace, if you want to hear the music, buy the mixtape, of just holla at cha boy.

BFochs: I smell what your steppin' in homie. Good shit fam, big ups once again for doing the interview mane, I wish you and yours the best in anything you do in the future, peace!

Shi'dimo: 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment