Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Jersey Upcomer B.C. Chops It Up With BFochs!


BFochs: BC, what's the good word man, big ups for taking the time out of your schedule to chop it up with the Fochsman, what's the good word though, what's going on where you're at right now?

BC: Hey...good looks on havin' me man. I appreciate the support big time...shoot over here I'm just preparin' for the new year ya kno? Actually working on another joint for my new mixtape right now. Gotta grind this year.

BFochs: The New Year is very crucial, you gotta prepare, it'd be absurd not to. The grind is what it's all about nowadays, hard work prevails. I know the BBB'rs know who you are, but just in case the newcomers and non-pay-attentioners don't know who you are, let's get an intro going so they know what's up. Tell them who you are, where you're from, and the lamest beat you've ever heard.

BC: well to all the slow grinders... my name is B.C. AKA B.Cole. I'm straight out of Central Jersey (908 GET EM'). I'm an underground hip hop artist wit intentions of stirrin' the game up in '09. Wow, the wackest beat ever?? I mean I got so many to pick one, but I'm not the biggest fan of "Go Hard" instrumental (Kanye tough tho). Just to keep it relevant for ya'll.

BFochs: A lot of folks say Kanyeezy's beats have been 'meh' recently, I think it has to do with what he's going through right now. I see you're reppin' NJ hard, I know somewhat about the music scene there, so there's no sense in asking about it, but what I can ask is how do you plan on contributing to the scene there?

BC: I agree...Yeezy goin' through some times right now, but he gone be aight!...and I plan on doin' what I do best, and that's giving my area something they can feel. There is a band from my town, The Command Radio, and they are really taking off right now (gettin' looks from major labels, real talk) and anyway they have invited me to get down with them this year at the "Save NJ Scene" which basically is Jersey's finest underground artist tagging up the jersey area with unforgettable performances. So much things to look for this '09 for my Jersey family.

BFochs: I ain't mad at ya, unity is crucial, I hope to see what you got poppin' off in the '09 fullstream. I first came acquainted with your music through the homie Buck Marley. How did you cats meet up and what made you decide to get the music stuff poppin' off hard?

BC: Hmm...well me and Buck met honestly by chance. I mean to make a long story short...one of my best friends suggested I become roommates with his good friend (Bell) for college. after meeting up a few times wit the dude I trusted that he'd be legit to live wit. anyways throughout our searching for houses/hanging out, Bell introduced me to one of his boys from round his way (Buck) who at the time was not Buck LOL. As we was chillin', I had my iPod on me wit a few tracks and I played them for him...he's always been a huge music fanatic and he was feelin' my tracks. Now literally it had to be a year later that Buck started his website and he had reached out to me in interest of promoting me...and well here we are after 7 months! Buck is a real hard worker, and he meets people so it really ain't wasn't a hard decision to start rockin' wit this dude. I mean I can say without his help...I'd still be that kid that could spit bars haha...but you wouldn't know bout me.

BFochs: Word, B.M. gets it in, he's a good dude. As an upcomer you have many obstacles or problems you have to deal with being a newcomer to the game. Which obstacle or problem has been the hardest for you so far? What's been the easiest thing about getting into the game?

BC: Well the hardest obstacle I'd say by far is probably recording the projects...believe it or not, I've done every project so far on my Macbook with a built in microphone. So needless to say it's hard getting the quality product that I'm looking for, but hey you make do with what you got ya know? Haha, and honestly the easiest part of this whole thing has been promotion. I've been getting al ot of support, and that's where Buck comes into all this. I can't say it enough how appreciative I am!

BFochs: I smell what your steppin' in, recording your music is half the battle, Buck does the damn thing with the promo too. Branding and first impressions are crucial in the music bizz, what kind of brand or first impression are you trying to leave in the music bizz? What thing do you hope to bring to the game that is lacking right now?

BC: Well it's all about first impressions...absolutely. and with that said I want my first impression to be a creative one! I think it's safe to say that the industry is lacking artists that bring creativity back into hip hop. Granted there are quite a few that do have what it takes, but sadly the industry is becoming flooded with re-use of garbage (the only time recycling isn't good haha). So hopefully me, as well as the talented group of people I work with, can re-establish what it means to be an artist!

BFochs: Creativity is clutch, that's what being an artist is all about. You mentioned that people recycle and reuse when it's not needed, basically swaggerjacking. Do you think it's bad to the point where creativity is almost lost or do you think shit is so sugarcoated this is the norm nowadays? Who are 5 artists who to you still bring a large amount of artistry and creativity to the game?

BC: Well I don't know that creativity is lost! I would say that it's more that it isn't being looked for anymore...whether it be the record labels fault or the fans/promoters. I've heard many good artists in the past year alone that I would love to, and plan to, do collaborations with artist that can create a good concept track...maybe not so much in order but the most creative right now: Lupe Fiasco (possible the best out right now), Kanye West, Jay-Z, Ludacris, and T.I. (wordplay is like no other's right now, and makes great albums!)

BFochs: I agree, the greed has overtaken the game and money has become a major priority for a lot of folks in the business right now. What do you think are the 5 main things that need to be done to bring the 'music' back into the business? Is there any hope these things will happen anytime soon?

BC: Well #1- do what you do... not everybody is a trap star, leave that to them to make those hood bangers ya dig? and if you are a trap star, do what you do! I got no problems with them. #2- think outside the box, I mean I understand that people use baby rhymes to build a popular track...but come on!!! don't insult the game! #3- support artists!!!! (maybe #1, but I just thought of it haha)...I mean if artists ain't gettin' the pay they deserve for their craft, how can you blame them from delivering to the fans what brings in the bread? #4- Collaborations- 2 minds are greater than one! almost everytime! #5 I think Redman said it best in an interview...you can't always look for producers to feed you with the next "hit" track! Show that you can build an album and not just sell ringtones (though ringtones are hot haha).

BFochs: Very solid points, out of all of those things which one do you think you can do the most?

BC: Real talk...I'm bringing all five! My mind is focused right now!

BFochs: Shit, I ain't mad at ya man, you gotta come with the fonk, just one outta five isn't gonna cut it, good response. Besides the music industry being fucked up, our economy is incredibly screwed up. What is your take on what's going down in the United States right now? If you could name 5 things that people can do to get through the tough times we are facing right now what would they be?

BC: Well, times is rough man. People are poor, and I don't think the answer is so straight forward as politicians like to make it seem. Personally, I don't know what can be done to fix this mayhem, but I can say the #1 thing we can do as a nation is pray. God founded this country, let him lead it!

BFochs: My thoughts exactly, the shit we got poppin' off is beyond anything we can grasp, let God handle that shit. The new year is bringin' a new president to to lead us through this bullshit and a new year to grind hard, what are some of your goals for 2009?

BC: I wanna establish a load of performances for the summer...also I want to meet many more artists, producers, and DJ's...together we make hip hop what it is and it's our job to set the bar and bring hip hop back! I'd love to be signed haha...but I mean we will take that one a day at a time. And finally, maybe most important...I want the name to Spread! B.C. in da buildin'!

BFochs: A solid agenda I must say, you mentioned the mixtape you got coming out soon in the beginning of the interview, besides that, what can we expect to see from B.C. from now until the end of 2009?

BC: Well not only will the Kouf Era be droppin' in February of '09, but we will have a summer mixtape for the fans also (haven't decided on name yet). and to my Penn State fans, we comin' back for sure! And I got a couple music videos on the way for you guys (not gonna talk about those right yet). and believe me entertainment will be my middle name this year!

BFochs: I'm all for it man, I'll be watchin' for all that shit, keep the heat comin' dude. I got one question for you and then we can wrap this thing up. Let's say there was a shortage of beats to freestyle over for your mixtapes, if you could pick one producer to make you customized freestyle beats for you who would it be and why?

BC: DJ DRAMAAAAA... dude is fire in the mixtape world, so if you read this Drama, Let me rock! Hahaha. I could be that next up and comer he let put a bang on the beats (Asher Roth being the first).

BFochs: Drama pay attention, B.C. is the future! Don't sleep mane haha. That's all I got for you man, you got any shout outs, last words or comments before we wrap this thing up?

BC: Shoutouts to Buckmarleyxxx.com...I got them to the fullest! and my GP crew (no need for explanation). Jersey I love you guys.. lets make this a good year. and of course good looking BFochs. Holla at me man! Thanks for real!

BFochs: No doubt dude, it's nothin', shout once again for doing the interview, BC, I wish you much success for what you got poppin' off bro, take it easy!

BC: Iiiight...Be easy! Happy New Year! peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment