Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

XclusiveZone.net Interview With Rain!


I was fortunate enough to collabo with Mr. X on an interview with NC spitter Rain, here is the aftermath of said interview, peep it, and enjoy! Shouts to Mr. X & Rain for the opportunity!



BFochs: What’s goin’ down Rain, big ups on taking time out of the grind for this interview, what’s goin’ down, how you feelin’ right now?

Rain: I am feeling great. I been getting alot of work done and I am happy to finish up this American Dreamin Pt 2 project that I feel like is a classic. I am just happy to be alive and well.

BFochs: Let’s get the ball rollin’ with an intro. Tell the em who you are, where you are from, the movement you are reppin’, and the biggest problem in the community you are from and how you plan to use your musical talents to help fix the problem?

Rain: I am Rain. I am from Fayetteville North Carolina and I represent reality and awareness. Whether it is negative or positive, I think it is very important to give people the truth. I always knew if I had the chance to tell my story I would tell it exactly how it is. My music speaks for itself. First In Flight Ent. is my movement and we been going hard lately. I feel like the biggest problem with my community is the lack of opportunities for the youth to succeed. Growing up here there was never anyone that we could look at as a role model other than the hustlers. I feel like being a man that been through it all and seen it first hand, my music will inspire them to take a new route. Showing them that they can evolve from that lifestyle hopefully will lead to them choosing a more positive lane.

BFochs:You are from North Carolina, a relatively untapped area musically in mainstream rap, how is the scene there? If you could describe the scene by a song you’ve done which song would it be and why?

Rain: There is a few people doing their thing out here. I feel like as a whole we still have alot to prove but if everyone stays focused the state will have a great run because there is a lot of talent here. I wouldn't be able to describe what North Carolina is like with one song. I believe my music is one big collage of the scene here.

BFochs: In an AllHipHop.com interview, you spoke of an encounter with Jay-Z & Dame Dash back in the day, they were actually trying to sign you, but they wanted to alter your image in a manner you didn’t approve of. How important is an artist’s image to you, why do you think people are so bogus with their lying nowadays, and if you got a chance to knock out a joint with Jay-Z, what would the theme be, the title, and who would produce it?

Rain: I feel like an image is made up. If you have to create an image you are not being yourself to begin with. The music they wanted me to make just wasn’t what I wanted to speak on at the time. I feel like it is very important to stay true to yourself, even when the music business or the public doesn’t agree. Not only as an entertainer but as a person you should remain who you really are without creating an image to hide it. As far as making a song with Jay-Z, that isn’t one of my main goals. If it does happen we would just have to go with the flow. It would definitely be on a Ski beat though. Ski is from NC and he worked on Reasonable Doubt so that will make sense.

BFochs: There has been some rumors going around that you are working with the Legendary Dr. Dre, is there any truth to that? If you could only pick one Dr. Dre-produced beat to freestyle on, which one would it be and why?

Rain: Yes I have worked with Dr.Dre but I won’t get into details about that. If I can pick one Dre beat to freestyle on from him it would have to be "Let Me Ride" I love that song. I might do that freestyle tonight. Im going to look for it later.

BFochs: You did a tribute to 2pac for the anniversary of his passing, if you got a chance to make a song with 2Pac what kind of song would it be and what would the title be?

Rain: If I had a chance to make a song with 2pac it would be called "Last Stop, Vegas" I would be featured only on the hook and 2Pac would speak about his last night in Las Vegas before he was murdered. That night is so much of a mystery that it would be interesting to hear how his day started and ended that night from his point of view.

BFochs: You will be droppin’ your new mixtape, “American Dreamin’ Pt. 2” very soon, the first “American Dreamin’” was solid, definitely a hard act to follow. What do you hope to give the fans with “American Dreamin’2.” What 3 things do you ‘dream’ to happen in America?

Rain: I just want to give the fans some new Rain music with a little bit of that Golden Era sound to it. I just want them to have some good music to listen to. 3 things I dream of happening in America is a decrease in police harassment and brutality, a increase in cures for diseases and more honest politicians.

BFochs: XXL snuffed you on being on the cover for their “Top 10 Freshmen” list, if you could talk to the XXL staff and give them 5 reasons as to why you should have been included, what would you tell them? What 3 artists this year do you think belong on the next edition?

Rain: I wouldn't say anything. They showed a lot of love by featuring me in the Show and Prove section in the past. I'm not mad about that. I'm greedy anyway I need the cover all to myself (laughs). 3 artists that deserve the next edition in my opinion are Drake, Nipsey Hussle and J. Rock. They doing they thing right now.

BFochs: Besides “American Dreamin’ Pt. 2” what other projects and events will you be dropping/participating in? Give the fans some intel on what the future is looking like for Rain.

Rain: The Fly Gangsta EP will be out soon but other than that I'm just making music and when I feel inspired to put another project together it will be just as good if not better than what I have released in the past. You just have to wait and see.

BFochs: That’s all Rain, do you have any last words, comments, or shout outs before we go?

Rain: Shout out to First In Flight Ent and Fayetteville North Carolina. Free Rio. We love you my nigga!!! RIP Peedi.

BFochs: Thank you once again for this interview Rain, best of luck to you in your future endeavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment