Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Young Truth Chops It Up With BBB!!!


What's going on Young Truth? I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do this. How's it going man? What's good in the NYC?

BFochs I'm coolin' bro just basically grindin' man. I appreciate you reaching out. Your boy is making beautiful music to bring back NY, it's going to be a long winter

I can dig that, how about you give the BBB viewers a formal introduction just incase they missed the 'Young Truth bus' [laughs] and don't know who you are, where your from and what movement you rep.

Well, it's your boy Young Truth live from the 212, Harlem stand up. I been grinding for the past two years. Man, I'm just self-promoting, doing things from the ground up. I got my own movement I started called Up T.O.P Records which is a indie label. I'm building for artists with talent that will never get that special due to the lack of promotion and marketing.

You hail from Harlem, a borough in New York which is home to many great artists, New York in fact is the birth place of Hip Hop. If you had to define 'Hip Hop' how would you do so?

First off, must say I love New York, NY,it gave me my swag and developed me into the artist that I am today, ya feel me? "Hip - Hop" as I define it is the culture of this thing we call rap. "Hip-Hop" is how we dress or sag or jeans, the way we talk our NY slang, and who we are. I mean "we" as in the people who love this game we call "Hip-Hop". Bfochs, Hip-Hop is me and I'm going to make sure Hip-Hop continues to live through me.

I can dig that, people like to say 'Hip Hop' has one set definition, but it's more than just a few things, nice defintion. So for those who have yet to hear a Young Truth joint, what can they expect when they press play?

Music is a feeling and not to take away from any other artist but I am so original. When the listeners press play they will hear song that make them cry, dance, think, etc. I just want to make music I want people to feel or see what I'm feeling you know?

I smell what your steppin' in, music is a powerful tool of expression. You been on the grind for 2 years now, let's say you had to make a rap resume, what things would I find on it when I read it?

Basically, your boy has done well over 100 shows, all through the Tri-State, all 5 boroughs, New Jersey, Bennington, V.T., V.A., and P.A. I dropped a mixtape called "It's My Turn" which was hosted by Dj Fatboy, selling 500 copies in 3 days (which is good for my 1st project). I've collabed with many artists for their projects, albums, and mixtapes. It's a lot BFochs, the resume' is big, like you wouldn't believe I've only been doing this for two years man.

I think it's safe to say your a grindaholic. You mentioned you've done over 100 shows. What are the top 3 shows you've done so far and why. If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be and why would you want to perform there?

Yeah man I 'e-grind' as you would say [laughs] The top 3 would have to to be one...Iguana Lounge, I like that one because I got to perform in front of Diddy there, it was crazy. Second, I did a show at a park called "Crotona Park" and it happens to be a event hosted by no other than Biz Markie, that was live BFochs. Third would have to be Vida Social club. I like that one because it was my 1st performance ever. But yeah, one place I want to shut down is Madison Square Garden. Not because of Jay-Z, but M.S.G. is a big bite of the Big Apple, so if or rather when I shut down M.S.G. that's when I know I really run this rap ish. I must add that I'm a fan of your site man, www.bfochs.com.



Thank you man, I appreciate the support, I am a fan of your movement as well. Speaking of your movement, why don't you go into further details about who is in the crew, what you guys are working on and how you met up with everyone.

Yeah this movement is ill. We got Guap Starz, which is a duo, Flam-ez & Nillz, Taz "Mula" Money, Dj Fatboy, Yung (the 15 year old monster), and we recently dropped a female rapper named Question, but good luck on her career. Guap Starz are family. Flam-ez is my little brother and Nillz is my cousin, so we been in it since day one. Taz Money I meet through a friend. The day we meet I recorded two joints with him and he was amazed that I don't write, I just make songs off the head (pause) we just clicked man. DJ Fatboy hit me up on myspace requesting a song for his mixtape called "Harlem On The Rise." I dig his movement and needed that energy around me. My young boy "Yung" was found by DJ Fatboy. I was like damn, young boy is talent so you know I had to get him because he is young and hungry, but um, we aren't going to speak on Question, I just want to wish her luck.

It appears your team is quite strong. Let's talk about another team that isn't so strong, and that's the Bush Administration. What do you think of the job the current people in office have done with the country? Who are you rocking with in this upcoming election. We both know voting is very important, in any election, what are 3 reasons people who haven't voted before should go out and register and vote?

Well, you know everybody shits on Bush, but I'm just going say these past 8 years have been bad BFochs. We accept a dude in office who has taxes extremely high and has poor families suffering. Hopefully the guys running now make a change, but I'm rocking with Obama, not just because he's black but because he's offering tax cuts/etc. Its like Obama is reading our minds or he just sees what's the problem. I believe he can save this country. This country hade a lot of opporrtunity for people from other countries to come here and make a living, but now it's crazy. Everyone please vote, for one we have to live with these conditions, two, we need to restore this country so we can live comfortably, and third, we have the power to make a change so why not take the opportunity?

3 very greats reason why everyone should vote. You know how the saying goes if you don't vote you can't complain. Back to the music, you got some stuff out now, tell the people what you have coming out in the future. What do you think the future holds for you?

As you know, "It's My Turn" is out NOW on Datpiff.com. Next up is my artist DJ fatboy, he is dropping his mixtape called "The Introduction" coming next month. Right after that month, I got "It's My Turn Pt. 2" coming soon. Oh yeah, can't forget the Guap Starz mixtape, "Skoolz Out" which is coming next summer. So we moving. Speaking on the future, I am the future so you know I must make a big impact now. I see in the near future Up T.O.P Records growing into a big indie label. I got a lot I want to do with my label, it's my investment. Right now my company just start so revenue is slow at this point, but after these few mixtapes it's a wrap BFochs.
So in the "Future" get ready, haha.

That's whats up man, I dig your grind and your music. Any last words for the BBB viewers or any shoutouts?

Shout out to BBB, ever since we linked up you have been supporting me heavy, Up T.O.P Records "check it or respect it," SL Gang, HSU, Harlem stand up, CSI, all them Harlem teams, Moms I love you lol, Question much love keep grinding, Oh yeah, check out my site BBB inspired me to make youngtruthonline.blogspot.com Holla, much love BFochs and Dub/T.A. I see you my nigga.

Thanks for the shoutout, you know I got you homie, I wish you and your crew the best in anything you do in the future.

You already know




No comments:

Post a Comment