Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BBB Upcomer Qwestions Chops It Up With BFochs!



BFochs: Qwestions! What's the good word man? I greatly appreciate you taking time to chop it up with the Fochsman. What's crackin' in the Windy City? What's happenin' in your neck of the woods?

Qwestions: What It Is My Dude! Ain't nothin' poppin' around here except this snow man....it's crazy.

BFochs: Weather in Chicago and the Midwest during the winter months is less desirable to say the least. The key thing is just to stay warm, and remember it'll be spring soon enough lol. Let's get this interview crackin' with a good ole intro. Let the kind BBB readers know who you are, where your from, how long you've been spittin' and who you think the realest MC in the game is.

Qwestions: This ya boy Qwestions representin' Chicago, I've been spittin' since I was 10, got serious with it at 14. Hmm...realest in the game right now bro? Man...I think Kanye West is the man right now.

BFochs: For what reason do you deem Mr. West the realest?

Qwestions: Well, in the game right now everybody is something false. He's the only one that comes to mind off top that's just doin' his own thing on a major scale. Everybody else gettin' exposed for past lives and what not.

BFochs: That's quite true. *cough* Robobawse *cough*. Nice response to that part of the question. You hail from the Windy City, I've been followin' the scene there for a minute, but I know you can tell the folks more about it than I can. If you had to gauge the climate of the hip hop game in Chicago temperature-wise which temp would you grade it?

Qwestions: Man...Chicago is a funny place man. It's like, it's hot when it wants to be and cold as hell everyday after that you know? You can't give it a set temperature, well I can't at least. This is 'No Love City' lol. But dont get me wrong. Our artists go hard. The majority of the cats here are really dope. It's just nobody wants to storm the gates together they wanna be that cat that "puts the city on his/her back."

BFochs: Indeed, the town must put on together, then things will pop harder. I've heard many times that Chicago is "Haterville," Do you think that is accurate? Do you think there will be a time when The 'Go bans together to make a full-blast campaign for the Hip Hop crown?

Qwestions: It's definitely Haterville. No matter what you do there is always negativity, but it seems like the Chi takes it to new heights lol. Oh it's definitely possible, I think the careers of our more known artists shows that it can be done. I think we just need to want it a little more.

BFochs: Negativity is for the birds, hopefully that can be straightened out at some point. Good to see things are poppin' off though. You said you got serious about this music stuff at the age of 14, what event or happening made you say 'I want to make music."?

Qwestions: Aw man. I went to Milwaukee with my best friend to see the Hieroglyphics crew perform bro. And I just thought it was ridiculous how they commanded this entire place. Everybody had a great time there was no BS it was just a really dope thing to me. I already knew I wanted to make music, but that just solidified everything. I got back in the Chi a couple days later and started writing lol.

BFochs: Damn, that's wild, what better place to start the journey then in Wisconsin lol. From the time you started till now what do you think is the most important thing you've learned about rapping? If you had to compare this thing to a street in Chicago which street would it be and why?

Qwestions: Oh yea big ups to Wisconsin lol. The most important thing I've learned is to create music for myself first. At first I'd write with the intention of making you like it. So I was speakin' out of my element at times. But once I stop wantin' to be everybody's favorite MC I honestly think I made better music. If I could compare it, I'd say State Street, its the separation of East and West, basically the startin' point I feel like I started over.

BFochs: Whatever game plan helps you make music that's raw go with it man, you're doing good so far. A good comparison for the 2nd part of that. The game is bonkers right now, like, real bonkers lol. Do you think you would have rather came into the game earlier or is right now the appropriate time for Qwestions to make his mark?

Qwestions: Yeah it's real crazy. I don't really know actually lol. There were so many dope emcees in the 90's and what not. Most of them were really different. And now the game is on repeat. Same styles, lyrics and everything, I think I can stand out more now than I could in any other time.

BFochs: Either way, it's good your in the game period, regardless of the era. It seems there are more fans than rappers nowadays, which leads to more negativity overall when being judged as an artist. To the naysayers and doubters, what would you tell them if they was just like 'oh, another rapper, blah blah blah'? What would be your main selling points?

Qwestions: I don't really have any selling points and i wont be super corny and make up any for these anti-fans nowadays lol...can we even still call them fans? The majority of hip hop listeners hate everything that comes out and when they find something dope they don't support it. I'm just gonna keep creatin' music man, if people like it it's all love if they don't it's still love. Can't please nobody, but yourself.

BFochs: That's true, like Katt William says "you gotta watch out for your star player." Amen to that. Hatred is in abundance nowadays, all you can do is do your thing man, fuck them turdburglars. The negativity in music can also be seen in wide scale in much of the world. Negativity is directly related to our countrie's economic situation with this recession we got going on. What is your take on this wackness? How are things in Chicago economic-wise? Do you think new president Barack Obama can fix this shit or are we fucked for good? Do you plan on making any politically charged/current affair-related songs in the near future?

Qwestions: Chicago is lookin' just as bad as the rest of America. Jobs being lossed left and right, Blagojevich tryin to sell Obama's Senate seat...it's crazy bro. I don't think he can fix this in 4 or 8 years, but he can definitely get the wheels in motion man, that I know for sure. One man can't carry this country like that. We all got roles to play and we need to get on our business. Yeah there is definitely some music behind these words I just said right here...that mixtape is droppin' in January...lol.

BFochs: Shit's crucial in good ole Wisconsin too. Obama is the truth, regardless if he fixes everything in his term(s). I will be looking forward to that mixtape. You just said you got a mixtape droppin' in January, what things do you have out now that peeps can check out? How is the mixtape your dropping in January shaping up so far?

Qwestions: Everyone can check out "All Eyes On Me" on myspace with some other joints that people are really feelin. www.myspace.com/qwestionsmusic and the mixtape, man it's gonna be crazy. I'm gonna have kind of an interview concept to it. I'm workin out all the kinks in it man, but it's gonna be nice bro. I wont give nothin' but my best.

BFochs: Peep that "All Eyes On Me" joint folks, it's pretty damn ill You mentioned a crazy concept for your next project. Concepts, along with every other aspect of artistry seem to be in the shits in general. How do you plan to invigorate and re-energize the 'artist' part of the game?

Qwestions: Just by being creative without overthinkin' it. Sometimes the concepts overpower the songs, you're thinkin' so much about what an artist means you miss the greatness in the songs. So I'm just goin' to express myself like a true artist.

BFochs: Which artists do you think encapsulate that method of making music nowadays?

Qwestions: Well of course Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool" was nicely done...whether people liked it or not, "American Gangster" was dope as far as him tellin' a story the whole way through and on Chamillionaire always comes with somethin' crazy on "Mixtape Messiah" that carries over to the next. That's what I'm lookin' to achieve.

BFochs: And achieve it you shall if you keep up at the rate your going my friend. Besides the crazy concept of the upcoming tape what else can we expect? Any features? What's the production going to be looking like?

Qwestions: As far as features I'm not too sure, there may be a couple, but I'm stressin' the 'give you all of me' thing right now...lol so it might just be me...production wise there will be all of your favorites...Kanye, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, etc lol.

BFochs: Word, you gotta make 'em know who you are first before you can murk cats on other tracks haha. Besides that mixtape what else do you have coming up? What's 2009 looking like for Qwestions?

Qwestions: 2009 is looking like success man, that's all I can really say. I'm really about to kick this grind into overdrive. I got a full tank of gas and the price is droppin' lol. No tellin' what will happen ya dig?

BFochs: Oh, I smell what your steppin' in. I got a few more q's then we can conclude. You mentioned at the start of the interview you think Kanye West is the realest in the game right now. Asking him a 'qwestion' would probably prove to be beneficial. Let's say you got the chance ask him 3 questions, what would they be?

Qwestions: Damn, that's a good one man. I would ask him if he would really give up the life he has now for a "real life?" I would ask him if he has ever thought even for a second that his honesty could ruin his career and If he could change one thing about his career what would it be?

BFochs: 3 solid questions I wouldn't mind hearing the answer for. Last question, then it's a wrap like a mummy. What if you were granted the opportunity to
record a track with one of your major musical influences, H
ieroglyphics?
What would the title be, what would the concept be, and who would be the producer for the song?

Qwestions: Hmm... "Show Them How Its Done" produced by Del, keep it completely Hiero lol. I wouldn't over think it, I'd just love to get them together and go in on a track and show the world how its done.

BFochs: I would expect nothing less sir. That's all I got man, you made it through lol. Any shout outs, lasts words or comments before we finish?

Qwestions: I wanna shout out my man Stacks who produced the song that made you take a chance on me! Lol. You BFochs for the opportunity and everybody on myspace for comin' through and lettin' me know the rockin' wit me.

BFochs: That'll do Qwestions, that'll do. Big ups once again for withstanding and doing a BBB interview, I wish you the best of luck man, keep grindin'!

Qwestions: Fasho bro.


2 comments:

  1. Good interview Qwestions. I see u doin ya thing. Keep it up. 2009 is definitely all about success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SCREAMZ* OH YES........

    ReplyDelete