Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sermon Chops It Up With Hunt!


Hunt: First off, I gotta thank Sermonsdomain.com for giving me this opportunity. I follow the internet sites heavy, so when I get an opportunity like this one, I try to make the most of it. So Again, thank you for this.

Sermon: No, Thank you for the great opportunity sir.The early childhood must not have been a good one. I’ve read that you lived in many different boroughs and states. Looking back, how has that affected your outlook on life now?

To be honest, I grew up in a single parent household with my mother and lil' sister. Even though I was born in Brooklyn, the city wasn't where I learned how to be a man. I lived in places like Puerto Rico, Buffalo, Connecticut. I even was in the state of Utah for a couple years. I still catch hell from my cousins, but it’s true. I have been All over. When I was sent to live with my aunt in Tampa, Florida at 13, it was the first place I was stable at. I don't blame anybody for anything I might have gone through. Yes, I grew up without the necessities such as a father or the stable environment a young man might need to guide him through life, but nowadays, who hasn't? My mother tried the best she could and contrary to what she might think, I don't blame her for the way I grew up. In her defense, a woman should never have to teach a young boy how to be a grown man. I actually feel because of what I went through, it made me a better man. I know what it is to be without. I know what it is to struggle at school, in the street, and at home. Because of that, I feel I learned how to focus in on what I want even through distractions. Some folks can’t take that kind of pressure and still get things done.

Hunt, now with a name like that I have to ask, do you partake in the game of hunting?

(Laughs) I’m a city boy. (Laughs) I actually have never been hunting. One time, in Iowa City, when I was in college playing ball, I went to a friend’s house for the summer and I did take a 12 gauge and shot a bird. But with a gauge, you ain't gonna miss too many things. (Laughs)


CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment