Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, November 20, 2008

TooKnown Of TooKnown's WellKnowns & Manic Productions Chops It Up With BFochs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



BFochs: What's goin' down TooKnown? Big ups for takin' the time to do this interview homie, I know you stay busy, the grind is sick, sick as fuck lol. What's good though man, how are you feelin'?

TooKnown: Ah man, you know what it is. I'm always on my grind tryin' to get all my peoples out there and I'm doin' a damn well good job as you can see, so I guess you can say I'm doin' pretty good!

BFochs: I feel you man, can't make moves sittin' around haha. Let's get this thing started then shall we? How's about you give the kind BBB viewers a formal intro. Tell 'em who you are, where your from, what you do and the name of your movement.

TooKnown: Ok ok for sure! I'm TooKnown, straight out the 561, South FL holdin' it down. What I basically do is promote and film artists. I do interviews, A LOT of interviews as you can see on all the blogs and I just try and get the artists out there. I mean they need to be heard and need to be seen, and right now I'm their guy! Oh and definitely when you see that Manic Productions logo you better know what's up!

BFochs: Fortunately I know what's up, these cats that are sleepin' need to smoke a pack of actright lights and get with program! You got a lot of things going on, let's start with the blog you run. Let 'em know the site name, the domain and why you came in the blog game.

TooKnown: Well to all those who don't know, it's TooKnownsWellKnowns.blogspot.com. It's the place where you'll find everything you need. Ha, NAW, but you'll find some of the hottest artists out in my local scene, I mean HOT. I don't only fuck with local artists, recently I've been goin' out and gettin' more artists from around the country to help them out too. I mean I came in this game not thinkin' I was going to do as well as I did. I did it just for my local scene and at first that's what it was, but it's growing and I don't want it to stop!

BFochs: I feel you man, you gotta support the local cats first and foremost, it's cool you've branched out to help others. So how much has the blog you run helped in your quest in exposing others to the artists you deal with thus far?

TooKnown: I mean, damn, it's helping out a shit load. Mad people are hitting me up on myspace saying "yo, what's up, wanna post my songs?" Not only that, the artists I post are getting seen a lot more then they already are. Being that I'm online they get "worldwide" exposure. So as of right now nothing big has happened for my artists, but wait...just wait you'll see!

BFochs: The grind will pay off in a big way, I know you work hard as shit man so that time you put in will make sense and cents in the end. You got the blog rockin', we established that, who are some artists we can expect to see when we hit up TooKnown's WellKnowns?

TooKnown: Oh for sure man, we are doin' big things for sure. When you click on there you can find artists like: GC, J.Dog, Rick Ross, DJ Unreal, Prat, Pretty Slick, Yung Brick, and there's so many more. Just go check out my affiliates section and you can see EVERYONE that I fucks with, It's a pretty long list.

BFochs: You mentioned your homie J. Dog, if you can, shine some more light on what you guys got cooking up right now, I know he's got a tape coming out sometime soon with the infamous DJ Papa Smirf, what's good with all of that?

TooKnown: Oh hell YES! Ha, the most anticipated mixtape on my block! On some real shit, if J. doesn't get signed or even looked at after this tape then the industry needs to step their shit up. Real talk. The tape is called "Back In the Lab Take 4 (Hosted by DJ Papa Smirf)." It comes out the 23rd of November, but of course I have some exclusives up on my blog AND I got the tape WAY before everyone else. That's just some of the perks that come with this job, you know what I mean BFochs.

BFochs: I most definitely smell what your steppin' in mane. That's probably the best perk of the blog game, new music! By the boatload too! Lol. If you had to compare J. Dog to your favorite Cool & Dre beat which beat would it be and why? What kind of production can we expect to see on the project?

TooKnown: Oh damn, that's a tough one. I mean if I had to compare him to one of their beats it would have to be "Big Dreams" because that's what he has and nothing should get in the way of it. He's an amazing rapper. His flow is sick and the way he puts it on stage is sick, I mean there's nothing else I can say. Oh and for production I mean shit, look for some original songs, but also look for those infamous J. Dog freestyle which are already on hot beats. It's [Papa] Smirf puttin' it together, dude knows what he's doing.

BFochs: Word, Smirf knows what he's doing, when he's attached to a project things are looking very good for said project. "Big Dreams" is a dope beat, wise choice, wise choice. Your workin' with your homie G.C. as well, why don't you put the BBB viewers up on game with G.C. I know I posted his stuff before, but you know how people enjoy sleeping lol.

TooKnown: Haha for sure. We're both up madd early grindin' and people are just sleeping...but aye, on some real shit, G.C. is next right after J. G.C.'s new mixtape is droppin on V Day, Valentine's for those who couldn't get that, and I mean shit...I'm hearing the shit he's doing and how his flow has changed from when we were in school together to the way it is now and I mean. DAMN! So definitely go cop that or check my blog for dudes songs, he's definitely got some hot songs with SICK features on them as well.

BFochs: You heard the man people, watch out for G.C's new tape and hit up TooKnown's WellKnowns ASAP to check out all the hottest G.C. music! Ok, we spoke on the blog, the artists you work with, but really, that's just the tip of the iceberg. You make videos, do interviews and everything in between. When did you officially start producing, interviewing and all that?

TooKnown: Well damn man, I've been doin' my company, Manic Productions, since the wee ages of high school and I mean I only got real serious when I looked at myself and was like, "I got a camera and mad peeps that are artists, why the fuck am I not doing anything?" That's when I started my blog, posted a couple songs and filmed my first interview with G.C. I also make movies, do shows, music videos and all that. I mean, I went from doin' just one interview for G.C. to doing freestyle videos with Rick Ross. When G.C. and Flo-Rida did a couple of shows together I was there chillin' and filming them as well. I mean I do it all.

BFochs: That's what it is man, you said fuck the bullshit, I got the means to get it crunk, let's get it! Lol, being that your a director of videos you probably pay closer attention to the music videos coming out nowadays than the average person. It's clearly evident that things aren't how they used to be in the music video department. What do you think are the main factors for the dip in music video quality? If you had the budget these big-named artists had to make videos how would you approach things?

TooKnown: I mean, not only looking at T-Pain's videos where EVERYTHING is green screen, a.k.a., fake!..like, it just takes away the purpose of filming. Like just have an animator draw T-Pain. I mean, I like doin' real shit. For example, T.I.'s video, or like Willy Northpole, or B.o.B.'s videos are all real and go with the song. I mean the animation is cool and all, but come on..

BFochs: This is true, animation is tight, but the essence of filming is going down the tubes. If you had an infinite budget how would a music video directed by you look like?

TooKnown: Damn, I mean if I had the budget that they got...well I mean it depends on the song, but you'll definitely see some of the best production out there. I would make the video so real and I would want to use a little bit of animation for a drama effect you know. But the whole idea and everything like that is determined by the artist and the song.

BFochs: Word, the artist and song set the tone for how you go about things, TooKnown's major label video directing debut is coming sooner than you think! Watch out people. Let's stray away from the music talk and fuck with a hot topic that's on everybody's mind and that's our fucked up economy. What is your take on this big mess? Do you think new president elect Barack Obama is the man with the plan? Where do you see our economy in a year from now?

TooKnown: Yes, that man is going to have a lot of shit to fix. I mean after 8 years of bitchassness, Obama has a lot to do, but give him time. He's going handle this country like no one has seen before. The economy sucks, I know I'm feeling it myself, but jus give Barack some time and in a year you're going to see a huge change in not only the economy.

BFochs: Indeed, this fuckery is so out of hand it may take a whole term for him to get things on the right track, for all the haters out there who think Obama isn't the right man for the job, put a sock in it alright? Lol. Honestly, Bush set the standard for fucking up as a President, I highly doubt anyone, especially Obama, could do worse. This interview is about finished, and I know time is an issue when your on the grind, so let's keep it moving. What type of things can we expect to see from you and your crew before years end? What can we expect to see in 2009?

TooKnown: Um, from me and my crew you're going to be seeing big things, not only mixtapes, but my skills are going to be getting better. Not only interviews, not only music videos, but just watch out for Manic Productions. Real talk, that's all I can say...ha.

BFochs: I already know how it goes man, you gotta keep the projects under wraps until it's time to promote them for release, you can't be jinxing stuff. One more question then we can get this one in the books. There are many things that are 'TooKnown' in the music industry, meaning there are things that have over-saturated the game which need to be replaced or just die down a bit. What are 5 things that are 'TooKnown' in the game currently that you think need to be 'lessknown'? Explain your answers to the best of your ability please.

TooKnown: Well for starters...beef for no reason. That's one. I mean starting beef just to get noticed. Not as cool as you guys think, ha. Number two, the autotune. I mean ok, Kanye is using it because that's the feel of his album, but let T-Pain get his style back, real talk. Number three is the way "DJs" try to be DJ's. Just because you make a mixtape doesn't mean your a DJ. Like have you ever even touched tables?...or a mixer or maybe even headphones at that. I mean just stop doing baser ass shit and get off your ass and do the damn thing. Number four is haterade. I mean all these haters around and all they do is sit at home and talk shit, but on the real, what are they doin? Like do chill with [Rick] Ross? No. Do you chill with Brisco? No. I mean have you ever done an interview? I mean, shit like haterade should be spilt on the floor and lit on fire if you ask me. Number 5 is the way artists say they're spitting "freestyles." I mean come on, when you do 12 bars or 8 bars and it's goin' so smooth and your homeboys know the words it's not a freestyle. I mean a freestyle is straight off the top. I mean, I don't remember when the 'Best Rapper Alive' did an "ACTUAL" freestyle...ha...

BFochs: Those are 5 very valid points you just made, hopefully peeps take heed to your words and quit doin' all that wackness, but you already know as do I, the game is full of swaggerjackers, who knows what's going to happen haha. That's about it man, big ups for the interview, you got any shout outs, last comments or words before we wrap this thing up?

TooKnown: Oh for sure man. Ha, I'm not used to being interviewed, I'm used to being the one DOING the interviewing, but big thanks to you man for real. You helped me out with my blog and everything man, good looks. Shouts to my company, Manic Productions and my blog TooKnown's Wellknowns. I also wanna make a shout out to G.C., J.Dog, the whole Block Runnaz click, Grindhouse, Dae Dor, Smirf, the fans of TooKnown's Wellknowns and to all the people that peep my videos! If it weren't for ya'll I wouldn't be where I'm at, thanks! OH and to all those I forgot I ain't hatin', I just can't think when I'm grindin'! THANKS, PEACE!

BFochs: No doubt fam, you already know BFochs and the WI movement fux wit ya'll, keep on doing what your doing mane, we'll meet in the middle, thanks once again for the opportunity, I wish the best of luck for you and your movement in the future!

TooKnown: Good looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment